flames

PLAY THE SONG WHILE READING (take your time reading)
————————————————————————

I suddenly snapped back from my meandering thoughts as Draco tugged on my arm.

"We need to get out of here." Snape yells looking around at us.

I look to Draco and we both share the same numb expression.

We all rush down the stairs as a group, Draco holding onto me tightly the whole time.

As we left the tower I saw someone coming out from under the staircase near us but I couldn't make out who it was. I tried to turn to look but the door shut quickly.

We continued to run through the castle. Bellatrix's loud cackles echoed through the long darkened halls. We rush into the Great Hall, Bellatrix suddenly throws her wand up and sends a burst of wind out, causing all the windows to shatter and candles to blow out.

Draco and I stood there in shock, watching as our home slowly got destroyed little by little.

We run out into the courtyard with not a single word being said yet. We make our way through the set of woods that lead us to Hagrid's cottage.

Running through the forest, "He's dead! He dead! Dumbledore is deeeeaaad!" Bellatrix starts to cheer as we make our way through.

I felt physically ill hearing her say that. Stone cold bitch she was.

Everything still felt as though I was in slow motion. Nothing was making sense to me in my head. The woods were silent and dark. Only a few shreds of moonlight that shone through the branches of trees gave off enough light to be able to make out a path.

We approached Hagrid's cabin, I don't know why we came here but I quickly turn around as I hear my name being called aggressively .

"Tessa!" I see Harry Potter yelling, coming close. "You backstabber, I trusted you!" He yells to me with pain withering in his voice.

I didn't know what to say to him, I shouldn't apologize, it was too late. Everything was already done and I couldn't reverse it. An apology just wouldn't be enough.

I looked to him with saddened eyes, unable to form any words. Draco looks to Harry with the same expression, we both didn't know what to do.

My attention quickly sprung away from Harry as a bright flame emitted from the hut. It bursts up in flames and my jaw dropped.

My legs were no longer strong enough hold me up now, I collapsed to the ground and watched as the hut burned down in disbelief.

Draco suddenly leaned down to me and looked at me worriedly. He looked straight into my eyes and I looked into his emotionless.

"Take Tessa home." Snape orders fiercely.

Draco grabbed my wrist and follows through with the orders.

I take a quick look at Harry who had tears spilling from his eyes as he watched the place being torched as flames danced and leapt in the air, reaching hungrily for anything that they can consume to fuel their wrath.

"Harry" I say loud enough for him to hear over Bellatrix cackles. " Im sorry." I yell out to him, I knew it wouldn't do any justice though.

Before I could get a response back, Draco has apparated us to the Manor.

He gripped my hand tightly. I could feel him shaking still from within.

I look up to him and see tears rolling down his cheeks, "Im sorry." He says.

I embrace him in a tight hug and hold him. I want to tell him that it was okay or that it was over but it wasn't so I had nothing to say back.

Silence.

This task has not made me anymore or any less of a death eater. It only made me hate myself. I hated who I had become, what I had become.

As we held onto each other, tears finally fall from my eyes.

Could I go back?

Can I take it all away?

I wanted to, more than anything, I just wanted to redo everything.

All the choices that led to where I was now, I wanted a different life.

Draco pulled away from the warm embrace and looked at me. He slowly placed his fingers on my cheeks and wiped away the tears.

He pulled me back close to him, "I love you." He says. "I love you too." I say back with a soft smile.

In a blink of an eye, he was gone. So was the Manor and everyone else. I stood in a cornmaze alone in the dark.

I look around and see no one, not a trace of life was anywhere in sight.

I begin to panic, in search of someone. I walk my way through the fields and finally find someone.

They were standing at the end, facing me. I walk closer and realize it was Draco.

"Draco!" I scream while running to him.

As I get closer, his face morphs into the Dark Lords face. "No." I slowly whisper to myself while coming to a halt.

What the hell was going on?

"You disobeyed me!" he screams to me.

"My Lord, Im sorry! I was scared." I say trying to redeem myself.

"Fear makes you weak!" He says bringing his wand up to my view.

"My Lord please!" I beg.

"Avada Kedavra!" he screams in a blood curdling tone.

———————

...

I hope you all have an amazing Thanksgiving tomorrow!! Stay safe loves<3

Thought?