Soon

Hearing what the task would be made me feel so sick to my stomach. My body filled with nerves and anxiety.  I felt the color drain out of my body. I had thought I was going to get sick at this very moment.

The task we were given was to kill Dumbledore. He was the one barrier that had struck the Dark Lord from getting to Harry.

Harry was all the Dark Lord had wanted after all.

"So with him out of the way, the boy is mine!" The Dark Lord yells with a devious smile.

There were smiles, ear to ear, face to face, around the table. Some claps.

Definitely not from Draco and I.

My mother had seem to notice the illness that had ran over my body. "Dear are you alright?" she asks softly and quietly.

I don't answer with words, I don't think I could right now, so I just shake my head no.

I was just told to assassinate the headmaster. The kind man that had watched each of us grow up from youth to young adults. The man who loved each student dearly, with his entire heart no matter how good or evil they were. The man that believed in each and every one of us. I couldn't bring myself to think about it without tears coming to my eyes.

I couldn't show myself crying, my mother would be disappointed and the lord would not accept tears from me.

I took a deep breathe and tried to focus and suck back the tears that started to pool my eyes. My mother gave me a nudge as she seemed to notice them too.

"When must they do this my lord?" I hear a feminine voice ask.

"Soon."

Soon. Goosebumps soon made their way to the surface of my skin.

I couldn't bring myself to meet the Dark lords eyes. This was far worse than I had imagined my first task to ever be. I had thought this task would be easier, to just get us used to what he expected of us and nothing to harsh.

I thought wrong.

He went from zero to one-hundred.

The Dark Lord finally excused the meet and allows us to leave.

My mother stands up and walks out with me following beside her. I didn't want to be in this household any longer.

It was too dark and depressing for my liking, I don't know how anyone could possibly mange to live in here. Though it did suit Malfoy's personality.

We walk out of the doors and fresh air hits my face. I felt like I had just breathed air for the first time. I took a deep breathe and walked farther out.

I look back at the house, and through the front doors that were still opened for other deatheaters exiting.

Through the others, I catch a glimpse of Draco staring at me. I wasn't expecting to make eye contact with him so I quickly turn my gaze away  and back to my mother. I grab onto her arm and with a few twists, I am back at Hogwarts.

---

Time was going by fast, spring was rising in the air and the time to kill the headmaster was rolling around fast. 

For some reason my mark began to sting progressively as the days went by.

The pain was so excruciating some days, to the point I would have to excuse myself from class. Some teachers didn't allow me too do so and I couldn't explain to them why for obvious reasons, luckily Snape had known what was going on and didn't have a problem with it if it was that bad.

There were many charms I had attempted to try to heal the pain, but none that seemed to work and after a while I gave up.

I realized that the pain worsened ever since I had laid eyes on Draco at the Malfoy Manor. He had destroyed the barrier I set up for so long, hiding in the pain.

One afternoon, as I was sitting in my history of magic class, I was accompanied by Harry.

I was assigned a new project, it had nothing to do with the history of magic, but more so the history of my own.

I was asked to write a letter on  3 spirals of a parchment paper, telling of something I had learned, or done, or someone I had met that had changed my year.

I could write a whole story on this. Everything I went through with Draco and the Dark Lord and how they have changed me to a complete new person from what I was last year.

I turn around to glance at Draco behind who was already staring at me.

———

IK THIS CHAPTER IS BORING BUT...just wait. You guys will like the chapters tomorrow:)🤭

Vote<3

💖 you all!!