selfish

I wake in a bed utterly confused.

I rise my body to sit up.

My body is freezing and begins to shiver throughout my entire body.

My memory is groggy and fazed. The last thing I could remember was sinking into the deep black waters. So what was I doing here?

I look around and realize i'm in the hospital wing and see that i'm the only patient in here.

Madam Pomfrey walks in and rushed over to me as she spots that I am conscious.

"My dear, are you alright?" She asks.

"A little cold." I tell her quietly. I was actually freezing my arse off.

"I have just the potion to help. I will be right back." she says and then hurried her way out of the hospital wing.

I rub my forehead as it starts to ache and a sickening feeling grows inside me.

Minutes pass and I begin to get sleepy. I begin to fall to my back until I hear footsteps rushing over to me.

I sit back up to see Madam Pomfrey rushing over to me again.

I notice something moving behind her as she makes her way over to me. As my vision becomes clear, I see a guest accompanied beside her.

"It seems that you already have a visitor." She says smiling to me and the guest.

She moves to the side so I can finally get a good look to see who it was and I see a mysterious man.

"Here," She says while handing me a tiny glass. "Drink this" she orders me and steps away to the other side of the room.

As I swallow the disgusting potion, my vision becomes more clear and I see him.

"Malfoy." I say quietly.

"You selfish bitch!" He says angrily.

"Hello to you too." I say rolling my eyes away but in deep shock to see him standing in front of me.

"How dare you use death as a cry for help! How pathetic!" he says disgusted.

"Are you kidding me!" I scream at him. "You abandoned me and left me feeling alone and worth less!"

"Do not try to blame your suicide scandal on me." he says backing away from my bed.

I was appalled to say the least with the treatment I was receiving from Draco.

"Draco I am not blaming you for this. That would be horrible for me to do but this wouldn't of even occurred if you haven't  left me hopelessly wondering where you have been all these months." I choke out.

His expressions drop from anger to sorrow and he walks back closer to me.

"Do you know how worried I had been when you didn't answer my call? A feeling inside me knew you were in danger so I had searched the school grounds and I found you."

I look away from his eyesight. "How? I sunk so far down..."

"I know you had, but I saw something reflecting in the water, shining up to the surface and I casted a spell and found you. This is what saved you..." He says as he carefully takes my hand and holds it up to my face.

I notice the ring sitting on my finger, the one that he gave me, I never took it off or gotten rid of it once.

The emerald in the middle must of reflected upon the surface.

I only kept it on to remind myself he would be coming back.

"Draco..." I whisper softly.

He takes a seat at the edge of my bed, "What was going through you mind?" he asks me.

I look up to him and I didn't have quite the answer.

"I thought it would take away the pain." I say to him.

I thought that if I ended it, I would feel no more, there would be no pain in the word.

"Tessa, you're a complete and utter idiot. you're all I had left, all my happiness would be gone. I don't know what I would possibly do without you in my life. I can't even think to imagine a world without you in it. If you even try to do something like this again..."

He couldn't even finish his sentence from bursting into tears.

I reassure him, "I won't, never again. I promise. I'm so sorry, Draco...I love you. Are you back at school now?"

"Yes, I have to tell you a lot though, we have another...task. But let's focus on you getting out of here." He says.

I began to grow nervous as he told me there was a new task and of course it wouldn't be good.

Draco got up and walked over to Pomfrey. She then walked over to me and allowed me to leave after signing a few papers.

I got up from the bed with the help of Draco and he helped me back to the dorms.

Once we got into his room I threw my frail body onto his bed and went off into a deep sleep finally feeling at ease knowing he was back with me.