Dance with me

I meandered for a brief period yet I ended up strolling up the steps to the Astronomy Tower.

Once I made my way up to the top of the tower, I inclined towards the railing and watched out to the nightfall sky and admired everything. I took in every detail from the scenery.

I began thinking about my parents and what I would eventually be forced to do and yet again I feel tears stream down my cheeks, as they were a week ago.

In the silence, I feel a presence and hear shoes clicking against the flight of stairs.

I rapidly turn my head around and see a familiar face making their way up.

Draco.

I patted underneath my eyes so get rid of the tears and took a deep breathe.

"What are you doing here?" He spits to me as he spots me. "No one is ever up here" he continues to say but in a softer manor.

As he stands nexts to me, leaning his muscular arms on the railing, I look away and simply tell him that ill go.

"I'll just leave" I say as I turn away but soon feel a large, cold hand grab my wrist that pulled me back to where I was just standing.

I look back to Draco and see him staring into my eyes.

His soft grey eyes were so hard not to get lost in.

He takes his hand away and places it back on the cold railing.

"No stay."

I give him a confused look and then focus my eyes back into the distance and place my hands back onto the railing as well.

Breaking the silence, Draco finally says something, "I come up here when I'm upset or stressed out too" he says as we make eye contact once again.

"Same, I needed to get air so I came here" I reply.

"How are you feeling now?" he asks as he stands oddly close to me.

I look into his eyes, "fine now."

The truth was my heart was beating fast and butterflies were swirling in my stomach.

He says "good" and smirks making me blush.

What a flirt.

Our conversation eventually dies and we stood side by side in silence.

Awkward silence. Nothing worse than that.

"What made you upset that you came here?" He curiously asks.

"My family" I reply in an annoyed tone, rolling my eyes.

My parents were personally great friends with the Malfoy's. They were companions with a malevolent wizard family. In that case, you can only image the suppositions other wizarding families were prone to make of us.

Draco gradually gestured his head towards me and says, "me as well."

As he takes a gander at me I admire him and the two of us share an off-kilter eye to eye connection before I broke it.

"I'm going to head back to the common room" I say.

He turns away to look into the night sky and afterwards looks back at me. "I'll come as well" he says.

As the both of us walk in the common room, I look around at the vacant basic room, faintly lit as usual.

I feel a flood of tranquility surge over me.

As I go further in the room, Draco strolls in after me and makes his way up next to me.

He strolls his way over to the piano towards the side of the room. "Do you play?" he asks me while sitting down.

"I do" I say while sitting close to him. "Do you?"

During my many free Summers when I wasn't occupied or my parents were out, I would play the piano and inevitably I figured out how to play numerous melodies.

Draco smiles at me, "I guess I know my way with a piano."

He places his large hands on the keys begins to play a song.

I was in awe without a doubt. I looked his fingers as they gently cherished along the piano keys with effortlessness.

He looks and me and gradually quits playing and rests his hands.

"Wanna hear more?" he asks in an excessively presumptuous tone.

I take a gander at him and gradually gesture my head yes to agree.

He begins to play another melody and takes out his wand from his pocket and enchants it so the piano can keep playing while he stands up.

He stands up before me and holds his hand out.

"Dance with me." It felt as all the more an order than an excess of inquiry, so I gradually brushed his hand with mine and slide up from the piano's bench. He lays his hand around my waist and the other interlace with mine and he starts to ballroom dance with me. He plunges me down into a dip which makes a grin plaster over my face.

As I return eye to eye with him, he lets out a delicate grin. We persistently move along with the music, spinning in silence in each others arm.

As the last melody reaches a moderate end, Draco plunges me down one final time and this time when I ascend to my feet he actually clutches onto me.

"Where did you figure out how to move that way?"

The appropriate response was no where. I was never instructed how to dance, my parents always took me to banquets which helped me discover my way along inside with every other person.

"Self-trained" I state proudly.

"You're too good to be self-taught" he says pulling away from me while looking confused.

"Jealous?" I ask eyeing him. He scoffs and says, " no, not at all, just impressed."

He begins to stroll towards the flight of stairs, disregarding me in the common room.

"See you tomorrow in class" He says leaving in a happy daze.

I have never seen Draco this way.