This wasn't love

The following evening I was coming back from Snape's detention which was more of a lecture about having more respect for him.

I wandered the hallways in search for someone, anyone.

Just not Draco.

Ever since I left his room, physically and mentally hurt and crying, I haven't spoken to him.

Why would I?

My body was roused with anger, how could he make false assumptions?

I have never seen him act out like this before. I knew the Malfoy family had a long line of men holding anger issues, so they were just genetic, but I have never seen him lash out on anyone like he did to me for that matter.

I walked more and more, thoughts pondered through my brain but my thoughts were interrupted as I came across Harry who I needed to talk to.

He was sitting at a table alone in the study hall which was perfect because this would probably be the only time I could say anything to him without his other two friends being around. I slowly made my way over to him.

"Harry?" I ask softly.

He tilts his head around and looks at me. I scanned his face and looked at his swollen cheek and cut upper lip.

"Tessa" he says in an unpleasant tone.

"Gosh, Harry." I say while taking a seat across from him. "Im so sorry for Draco's behavior. He had no right doing that to you." I say holding eye contact with him. He looks as if he was about to say something but he flickers his eyes back to his paper and closes his mouth.

And now I was apologizing for Draco.

"Thanks, I would say an apology would be better coming from Draco, but I know that arrogant asshole is too proud of himself to do so." He says.

I look up from Harry to see three fellow Slytherins staring at me. I spotted Blaise sitting at a table relatively close, he was accompanied by Pansy and Goyle. They were all glancing at me with confusion.

"What happened with you neck?" Harry asked causing me to bring my attention back his way.

I give him a confused look because I am unsure what he means by that.

"What?" I asked in a concerned tone while lightly putting my hand on my neck.

"Your neck" Harry says pushing my hair behind me, "just there, it looks to be bruised." He says.

I know who these bruises are from but no one else will. He must have squeezed my neck so hard it caused bruising. That disgusted me. How could he do that to me? Someone who says to love.

I adjusted my hair to cover the bruising. An awkward tension started to grow between Harry and I.

"Tessa, who did this to you?"

I felt stressed to give him the answer, it was too defined to be caused by a hair tool, and it definitely couldn't be seen as an irritation.

"No one did." I say trying to cover it up with my hair out of embarrassment.

"That isn't something caused by anything other than a hand. Does Draco know about his?" he asks concernedly.

"Yes" I quickly say in a short and annoyed tone. "And?" He questions me.

I started to become overwhelmed between covering up lies and trying to come up with new excuses for the bruises.

"And what Harry? And what?" I say as my voice began to grow louder.

"Why are you-" Harry begins to say, "Wait, did Draco do this to you?"

I couldn't hold eye contact any longer. My eyes break away from his and onto Blaise. He looks at me with a shocked and concerned expression. My heart began to race and anxiety kicked in.

"Hey..." Harry says making my attention draw back to him. "Did he do this to you?" He asks again.

I was now flustered and aggravated. "Of course he didn't do this to me! What type of person do you think he is?" I yell.

I begin to get up.

"Im not sure, maybe your boyfriend is more aggressive than meets the eye" He answers and points to his face.

I roll my eyes and turn away and he says "whoever did that you, doesn't care for you Tessa."

I stop and didn't know if I should say something back, "You're wrong." Are the only words that I could choke out before tears begin to over flow my eyes and a lump grew in the back of my throat.

I rush into the nearest bathroom and stop at the sink and look up at myself in the mirror. It only took once glance at myself until it made me break down.

I stood over the sink, examining my neck, running my fingers down it and wincing at the pain with tears running down my neck and onto the floor. My breathing got heavy and I just wanted to disappear.

Harry was right, I admitted to myself. This wasn't love. I wanted to put the blame on someone else but I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried to make myself believe something else, I couldn't deny it.

This is who Draco is.
———

Thoughts?