goodbye

The day went by and before I knew it, the afternoon was rolling around.

The letter Draco has wrote to me, never left my mind once.

I had met up with family friend witches to go to the swimming hole near my house. I didn't really want to go but my mother told me I must because she had some business to do with their parents. I obeyed and ended up spending my whole afternoon down there. The moon was rising and nightfall soon came. Everyone had left hours earlier but I stayed to enjoy the quietness and relax.

I returned home later on. I walked into the doors and yelled out to my parents but heard nothing. I look around for them but find the house to be empty.

I found a note addressed to me on the kitchen counter from my parents saying they had gone out to dinner and they would return home shortly.

I didn't mind being home alone, the silence filled my thought and occupied me from missing anyone.

As I slowly make my way up the dark staircase, and to my bedroom, I got a eery feeling that I was being watched which causes the hairs on the back of my neck to poke up.

I had left my wand in the kitchen unfortunately, and just hoped I wouldn't need it.

I decided to stop in the hall and stand in the silence to hear if I could make out any noise or if it was just all in my head. I realize that it was my own company, so I continue to go off to my room.

The air becomes thicker as I walk towards my door in the dark, and into my room.

I step in throwing my hand on the wall to flicker on my lights and go over to my bedside.

I threw my towel into a hamper close by and threw my sandals off.

I sensed a presence and my breathe grew short. I turned around quickly with a rush of adrenaline , ready for whoever was here.

I turn to see him.

Draco stood before me near the window of my room.

"Draco?" I ask soft spoken.

"Hello love." He says inching closer to me.

"What-what are you doing here?" I question, shocked to see him.

I make my way over to him.

We finally meet each other in the middle of the room. He looks into my eyes and I look into his. I notice them to be watery and dreary looking.

I started to worry for him.

Before I had the chance to ask him what's wrong,  he begins to speak, "I just came to say goodbye..." he informs breaking his eye contact with mine.

"Come again?" I say calmly though my heart was frantically racing in my chest.

Did I hear him right?

What did he mean by goodbye?

Was he leaving me?

Did he find someone else?

What happened?

All these questions pondered though my brain that I was completely blind to his response. I watched as his lips moved and his hands formed out motions, but I couldn't hear him from the overwhelming thoughts that consumed my body.

"Are you listening to me?" He asked with his hand held out to grab mine. As he touched me, it felt it was the first time, an ice cold beam shot up my hand and to my brain causing me to lose my train of thought.

I look down at my hand and back to him. "Can you repeat that?" I ask him softly.

He looks into my eyes, " My mother and I are leaving, It's only temporary but we will be gone for quite some time." He tells me as a tear falls from his eye and onto his cheek.

He was quick to wipe it off with his free hand and shake away those emotions to hide from me. But I already had seen it and he knew better than to feel the need to hide his emotions from me.

"You can't leave me!" I say frantically and feel like i'm about to go crazy.

"It's too complicated, it's best for everyone."

Our conversation was soon interrupted by my parents from downstairs.

"Tessa, darling, we brought you supper" They yell up to me.

I ignore her and return my attention back to Draco.

"This is best for who? Draco, you can't leave me, you're all I have! Please." I say with tears streaming down my face. I haven't seen him in way to long and now i'm finally with him again and he's telling me goodbye? I don't know what started to happy to me but I wanted to destroy everything in sight.

"It wasn't my decision." He says slowly untangling his hands with mine.

He takes a step back from me, "wait for me to come back. Once I do, I'm all yours. Promise." he says looking to me.

"Why can't you be mine now? you can't do this to me Malfoy!" I scream as I pace around my room holding my head in my hands.

"Tessa please don't get upset." He said fiddling with his rings nervously.

At this point I had tears uncontrollable spilling down my face, my nose was rosy along with my cheeks.

"How could you not be upset? You're leaving me for who knows how long! Are you even sad? You can't tell me to not be upset when the boy I love is leaving me and I don't know when I'll see him again." I say as my voice begins to break.

"Forgive me." he says slowly.

I shake my head no and looked down at my feet, sniffling while trying to steady my voice.

"You can't abandon me." I slowly bring my gaze back to him.

"I love you." He quietly says staring at me and then suddenly evaporates into thin air to someone else.

I realized why he wrote that note now.

I drop down to my knees sobbing as my heart shattered. A feeling I have grew to become familiar with.

Just like that he was gone.

————
I'm gonna try to update one more time today, I hope you all have/ had an amazing day<3

Thought?