lxxxviii. death is a friend

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵
❝ 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

WOULD ONE EVER CONSIDER DEATH to be a friend?

'Tis such a strange — and unmerited —  question, one that would be uncalled for and inappropriate, maybe. Why would anyone ever wonder freely about the prospect of death, nevertheless confront the idea of death being a friend? Surely, one would never think down that twisted pathway with a clear head on their shoulders!

Both the terms differ in definition and concept in several ways. 

Death is when a loved one — or anyone, in general — passes away from the earth on land to the other side...a side which cannot be reached unless one were to pass through death themselves. Some see death as a character; a cloaked figure, a shadow, a darkened life form who is in charge of patrolling the gates of heaven and hell, and monitoring the different souls which pass by it once they have passed. Some see death as nothing but a concept; something that happens, something that is merely a subject, and not a hidden spirit. But all can agree that death is unavoidable and inevitable; something that is ensured for all. 

Friend is meld with positivity — that is for sure. When one thinks of friendship, they would normally introduce it with love and warmth. To be in companionship with someone else is to have admiration and light in their hearts, which is seemingly the opposite of death. Because with adoration in people's spirits, there is joy and hope and more brilliance than anyone could imagine. And death is what takes that away. 

So how could anyone consider death to be a friend?

Yes, death and friendship could interact in some ways. For example; when one's friend passes away and sees death for themself. However, nobody in their right mind would find comfort and love, and light in the aspect of death...not in the ways one could discover in platonic bonds between people. 

Because with death, came loss. With death, came pain and grief and intolerable suffering that could cause anyone to collapse just by the weight of it. 

Vera Adelaide had been thinking about death more frequently than she would have liked. And definitely more than normal.

She supposes it has something to do with the fact that they are literally on the road to war — a battle that could end lives and destroy kingdoms — and she didn't know her place in it yet. Vera may have told Legolas that she would be participating, but that was just her pride and stubbornness getting in the way. Now that her head is clear and a new perspective is provided for her, Vera knows she has to think more lucidly on crucial matters.