1

"Good morning Mads." I heard a deep husky voice say. I turned around to see a tall blonde boy rubbing his eyes and walking towards the fridge.

"Good morning Luke." I said and sent him a small smile before cracking another egg in the pan that was on the stove.

"Why are you up so early?" He asked and sat down at the table that wasn't too far away from the kitchen.

"I'm always up early. You however are not, so what's got you up so early?" I asked and watched him move his curly hair out of his eyes.

"Michael punched me in his sleep and I wasn't able to go back to bed." He said and I started laughing.

"He does that often." I said and focused on the eggs that were on the stove.

"I think you should go punch him back." I said after a couple seconds.

"He'd kill me." He said with a laugh and took a sip of his orange juice.

"The two of us can fight him together." I said and took the eggs off the stove and put all the food onto plates.

"Who are you fighting?" Michael asked groggily and made his way to the number of plates that were on the counter near me.

"You." I said with a laugh and walked over to the table to give Luke his plate.

"Why me?" He asked in surprise.

"You punched Luke in your sleep so I told him to punch you back." I said and put the rest of the plates on the table.

"You know it's not my fault. I'm asleep I can't control myself." He said making us laugh.

"Go wake up Ashton and Calum before you start eating." I said making him groan.

"Maddy I just sat down." He groaned.

"I don't care, they're your friends go wake them up." I said and he reluctantly stood up and headed up to their rooms to wake up the other two boys.

If you're confused I'll start to explain. Michael is my older brother, he's only older by like two years but he acts like he's 10 years older than me. We looked alike in some ways I guess, we have the same greeny blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. Except he always died his so I guess the hair color doesn't matter too much. I don't know the rest I never saw was similar but our family members always said we could be twins so I'm not really sure.

Michael has been friends with Luke, Ashton, and Calum since they were like 14 or something. Ashton was a couple years older than the other three so he didn't meet them at school. I think Michael sent him a facebook message about joining their band which is how that came to be.

Since Michael has been friends with these three idiots for so long I've gotten to know them pretty well. Our parents were never home so our house was always the hangout house for pretty much everything. The five of us practically lived together, except for when they had to go home for a couple days or something.

I get along with all of them, Luke and Ashton the most. I get along with Calum but not as much as I do with Luke or Ashton. Calum was the kind of guy that I wasn't really into being friends with that much, so I'm only really nice to him for Michael.

Calum was the kind of guy that thought he was like the alpha male or something like that. He's slept with pretty much every girl on campus and he slept with every girl at our high school, at least for the most part. He's never been one for relationships and only god knows why. He was just the kind of guy I didn't care for too much and he knew that because I've basically told him more than once. He knew he annoyed me too so he's always continued to do it. I try to ignore him but I mean he's kind of everywhere so it was pretty hard.

"One of you four are doing the dishes." I said at the end of breakfast.

"Why do we have to?" Ashton whined.

"You know that's the rule. Whoever is up first cooks and whoever cooks doesn't have to do dishes." I said and put my dishes in the sink.

"1 2 3 not it." The boys said at the same time and touched their noses with their index finger.

"Calum." The three of them said and pointed to Calum who groaned and gave them a dirty look.

"If you boys need me I'll be up in my room studying. But try not to need me." I said and headed up to my room.

After hours of studying for my math test tomorrow morning and doing the rest of my homework for the next couple days I decided to just hang out in my room. Luckily I only had two classes a day and some days I didn't even have class which I was thankful for. Tomorrow I have math and psychology and they were both morning classes.

"Maddy can you make dinner we're hungry?" Michael asked as he opened my bedroom door.

"You guys can cook too you know." I said and put my phone down on my bed.

"We can't really cook. You know Luke tried to make eggs in the microwave one time?" He asked and I got an extremely disturbed look on my face.

"You, Ashton and Calum can cook." I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'll buy you and your friends alcohol for the next two weeks, whenever you want." He said and I thought about it for a second before narrowing my eyes at him. The legal drinking age was 21 and I was only 20, meanwhile he was 22 and could buy whatever he wanted whenever he wanted.

"Fine." I said and got up from my bed.

"Alcoholic." He said as I walked past him and out of my room.

"Don't act like you don't have at least 50 White Claw cans under your bed." I said and pushed his shoulder.

"Don't act like you don't ask me to buy you alcohol once a week." He said and pushed me back.

"Shut up." I said and headed downstairs to cook dinner.