Chapter 7: First Battle in Cambridge

Zach's POV

After Ryan and I prayed, we both went to bed. I wrapped myself in a blanket like a burrito and fell asleep when I heard whooshing sounds. I thought I was dreaming so I drifted off again thinking it was a nightmare. And then woke up again because it is disturbing me so I woke up Ryan. I slowly walked to his bed being careful with his oxygen and carefully woke him up.

Zach: Ryan? Ryan, wake up.

Ryan L: Zach, what time is it? Why are you up right now, go back to sleep.

Zach: I heard whooshing sounds. It's disturbing me I couldn't sleep.

Ryan L: You heard it too?

Zach: Yes.

Ryan L: I thought I was just dreaming.

Zach: Me too.

We then heard a door creak open which made me jump. Until I realised that Zoe and Henry came to our room too. They seemed to be frightened because of the whooshing sounds too.

Zach: Guys, you scared me.

Henry: Sorry about that.

Ryan L: Did you hear any whooshing sounds?

Zoe: Yes we did. I'm scared.

Henry: I don't even know why am I hearing them.

Zoe: Hen, it might be the sign of a dark spirit coming.

Henry: A dark spirit?!

Zach: I have to alert everyone.

I turned on my amulet and alerted everyone to wake up and meet me, Ryan, Henry and Zoe in the living room. I was anxious at first because I'm not the official leader but I believe I'm doing the right thing. I went downstairs to the living room and waited for everyone else. That's when Brad and the rest of the team came down.

Calum: What's going on?

Zach: I heard whooshing sounds.

Brad: You must've heard it too.

Wendy: We were all hearing it and I'm getting creeped out. Where is it coming from.

I closed my eyes to try to locate where the whooshing sound is coming from. Well, more like attempted because Ryan snapped me out of it. I felt like I'm unlocking a new power ever since we left Norfolk Island and Australia.

Ryan L: Zach!

Zach: Oh sorry about it.

Brad: Ryan, he's trying to find out where the whooshing sound is coming from.

Ryan L: Sorry.

Zach: Let me try again.

I closed my eyes again as I try to follow the black cloud in my vision. It soon stopped in a dark field lightened up by lamps where I saw someone, Caligula. I suddenly opened my eyes and felt lightheaded and collapsed. I was still conscious and Ryan, my boyfriend, managed to catch me.

Ryan L: Geez, Zach. What happened back there?

Zach: I dunno.

Brad: It seems like Zach unlocked a new power.

Zach: I did what?

Jonah: You unlocked a new power, my son.

Zach: How?

Brad: You were in contact with dark spirits long before our team was officially formed. That's why you have the ability to locate other dark spirits.