xcii. the night before

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬𝑻𝒀 𝑻𝑾𝑶
❝ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

CORIN DID NOT REACT NICELY about Vera's pregnancy

CORIN DID NOT REACT NICELY about Vera's pregnancy. To be truthful, he had thrown a hissy fit, accusing Neptune of being a bad brother and assuming Vera to be an even worse mother. Neither of the siblings appreciated the name-calling but did not say anything, merely sharing a knowing look as Neptune grumbled in annoyance at the horrible titles provided to him and his sister, who had taken offense but did not utter a word.

As much as she would have liked to dismiss his outright accusations as nothing less but a spur of the moment in his anger and shock, Vera couldn't help but feel slightly attacked and the sudden insecurities she had been suppressing threaten to emerge the surface. She did not like that at all.

Her brother thankfully notices the discomfort etched on her face in the middle of the endless rant encouraged by Corin, and leans forward to whisper in her ear, allowing her the chance to escape the tent and Corin's wretched words stemmed from anger while he distracted the younger man. The blonde is mostly cursing Vera and Legolas for their irresponsibility and Neptune for allowing such a thing to happen. His rational mind blocked the emotion and the feelings of others, yet his rage is the main cause for the logic.

Neptune makes a move to stand up from his seated position, approaching the pacing merman to bring some sense into his frenzied state, forcing his body to face only him...away from Vera and away from the tent opening. The brunette of the group roots upright next, cautiously slithering through the tent to finally make her grand exit. Thankfully, Vera managed to accomplish her great escape in a matter of moments, and she was gone from the tent with a loud billow before Corin could stop her.

Sighing rather tiredly, Vera makes a large effort in containing her previous vulnerabilities from touching the surface of her mind and consuming her entire system for another thing to worry about, which seems to work brilliantly — Vera had always been good at ignoring her problems and pushing them away from her head to maintain a steady composure.

Catching sight of King Thèoden still in his past position provided the best distraction for the brunette mermaid. Tugging her cloak closer to her chest to protect herself from the mountain winds, Vera bounds for her Rohirrim Uncle, keeping her footsteps light. The man doesn't seem to notice the shorter woman advancing towards him until she is right beside him, which is when he finally glances down at her with a hint of surprise underneath his eyes. Vera flashes him a tired smile.

"I hope you are not exhausted yet, Vera Roman," Thèoden tells her knowingly, forcing his gaze back to the camp below them. "We do, after all, have a battle to fight just in the late hours of dawn."