~53~

50 years later and Tree Hill High was filming yet another time capsule video for the year 2055 to open.

"Scott you're up" Whitey announced as the students sat in home run. Brighid got up and slowly walked into the makeshift recording room that was really just a closet.

"Talk about life?" Brighid questioned Whitey before he shut the door.

"Yep" Whitey answered shutting the door following his response. Brighid walked over, sat down on the stool and hit the green button.

"Life, well life for me is far from great right now. It's a disaster actually. I have one brother who no longer acts like my brother. His wife left him and he's clearly heartbroken. He feels like he has no family but I just want to show him I'm here, but he won't let me. I have another brother who is now living with me and honestly, it's annoying. He's great and all but him coming to our house to be a family is just- it's not the same without Nathan. I'm so in love with this guy and he's great. I'm so dumb though, cause I slept with this guy Felix because of some dumb friends with benefits agreement. I feel guilty when I look at Jake. I try to remind myself that it's just high school and drama is always to follow. Then I remember I'm not a normal high schooler. I'm a teen mom with a gorgeous baby who I can't even take care of, I have fucked up parents who hate each other and either sleep with their sibling or lie to each other, I have two brothers with different mothers who are back to hating each other. Sometimes I just think life would be so much simpler if I just kept with the path that was laid out for me. Played varsity basketball, got good grades, liked all the boys in the world but was safe, and most importantly never met Lucas, my other brother. It would be just the four of us, dysfunctional yes, but at least the family I grew up with. So this is my psa to the kids in 2055 don't wish anything upon yourself that you're not ready to handle"

Brighid satisfied with her tape clicked the red button and exited the closet.

"Next" Whitey called.
———
The following morning Brighid was in her room getting ready for the wedding when a knock on her door caught her off guard.

"Lucas" Brighid muttered looking at him through the mirror.

"Just wanted to make sure you were okay with Nathan and everything"

Brighid sighed "I'm fine. Really. Better get ready for the wedding" Brighid commented turning to face Lucas. She swung back in her chair continuing to do her makeup.

"Have you noticed a different behavior in your mom?" Lucas asked Brighid, she turned in chair once more looking at him.

"What does that mean?" Brighid asked getting mad. Lucas had no business brining up problems in the family. Especially since it wasn't his family to begin with.

"You know I got painkillers from the doctor after my accident. They gave them to my mom cause you can easily get hooked. I noticed-" Lucas began.

"Are you spying on my mom?" Brighid asked bewildered.

"No, I just saw-"

"Don't even finish that sentence. You may live her now but you have no right telling me about my family's problem. Please just leave I need to finish getting ready" Brighid said hiding her face from Lucas. She could hear him sigh before closing the door behind him. She picked up her head looking at herself in the mirror.