~88~

"Mommy?" A voice exclaimed. Brighid woke up to being poked by her daughter.

"Jenny" Brighid said grabbing her into a hug. The five year old had grown so big in the last couple of months that she couldn't even fathom it. FaceTime calls did no justice.

"Are you home?" Jenny asked all excited.

"For a couple weeks. Then I have to go back play a few games and then I'm home for a while" Brighid explained. Jenny smiled running to her father jumping up and down.

"Morning" Jake said giving her a half smile. He walked into the kitchen getting pancake batter ready.

"Morning. I didn't want to disturb the house. I just crashed on the couch" Brighid said rubbing her neck.

"This is your house" Jake said. His words stung Brighid.

"Our house" Brighid corrected.

"Nope yours. It's in your name. It was your money" Jake said continuing to mix the batter. Jenny was sitting at the island oblivious to the fight that was about to take place.

"What does that mean? I bought it for us"

"Really? The house you bought, you don't even live in. Your never home. I'm like a stranger in your house"

"Hey that's not fair. You understood the commitment I made. I let you have the option to come. You choose to coach and I supported you on that"

"It's whatever" Jake said handing Jenny a plate of pancakes.

"What's your schedule today. I have a few things to do but I would love to pick Jenny up afterwards" Brighid said wanting to not fight anymore.

"2:30 is basketball practice. Jenny will be in the gym waiting"

Brighid got up from the seat she had been sitting in and kissed Jenny on the head before changing and leaving.

She headed to the prison to visit her father.

She patiently waited at a table for her father to be brought out.

"Brighid, long time no see" Dan said sitting down. He was extremely scruffy looking from the last time she had saw her dad.

"How are you?" She asked awkwardly not knowing what else to say.

"Oh you know as good as it gets here. How are you? Married yet? More children? What team you playing for?" Dan asked.

"Seattle, not married yet and no just Jenny. Look Dad-"

"Does she ask about me?" Dan asked interrupting Brighid.

"Lately I wouldn't know. I haven't been home, uh, Jake lives here in Tree Hill and I moved to Seattle. She found a picture of you and her once, from the dinner before graduation. We uh told her you moved far away. She hasn't asked since" Brighid explained.

"I knew that boy was no good. Holding you back from your dreams-"

"No its not that. I think we both just made stupid mistakes. I'm going to reconcile the relationship before I head back for the playoffs"

"So how's Nathan?" Dan asked. Brighid furrowed her eyebrows at her father.

"You haven't heard? Nathan got into an accident four months ago just before the draft. He's temporarily paralyzed and hasn't really tried hard to walk again. I've heard he's been stubborn with Haley and stuff. I was going to see him after this and try to knock some sense into him"

"Remind him of the Nathan Scott he was" Dan said placing his hand over Brighid's.

"Visitation time is over" the guard yelled. Brighid gathered her things and left the yard, giving her father one last look. She drove the Nathan's not knowing what to expect.

"Hello?" She called out as she walked into the front door. She had originally knocked but no one answered. She used the key she had been given when they first bought the house. "Nathan I know you're home!"

"What do you want?" Nathan asked. He was trying to get alcohol down from the top shelf.

"Oh I don't know. A hello, how are you, maybe even nice to see you sis" Brighid sassed.

"What do you want Brig? And if Haley sent you then you can just get your ass out cause-"

"I'm sorry okay" Brighid cried. Nathan turned towards Brighid not expecting tears. "I carry guilt around with me every single day from that night. I can't play one basketball game without thinking about you and the future you had. I wish I would have walked away with you. Not let that scumbag of a stranger grab me and start yelling. You came back for me and I regret that everyday, but you need to be the man you were that day please" Brighid continued. She wiped the tears that fell from her face.

Silence filled the air, a minute passed by before either one spoke out.

"You're right"

"I'm right?" Brighid asked stiffening up.

"I need to man up. I have a son, I have a wife. I have a family to take care of" Nathan said. He placed the alcohol down on the table. Brighid looked at the time on her phone.

"I have to go Nate. Don't hesitate to call" Brighid said before rushing out the door. She headed to Tree Hill High, a place she hadn't been since graduation.

She walked into the gym to find Lucas, Jake and Skills coaching.

"Brig, sis, how's the big time?" Lucas asked hugging her.

"It's been good"

"How are you two?" Lucas asked looking at Jake. She shook her head no. She really didn't want to talk about it at the moment.

"Brighid? Hey" Haley said all excited. The two hugged. "I didn't know you were home"

"For a couple of weeks and then it's back to Seattle. Just came to get Jenny" Brighid explained. She looked over to the bleachers to find Jamie and Jenny playing with each other.

"They enjoy hanging out together" Haley commented. Brighid smiled.

"Come on Jenny" Brighid called out. The young girl ran over to her mother.

"Aunt Brighid" Jamie said running over. Brighid hugged the little boy.

"JL. You grew since I saw you"

"I'm a big boy now" Jamie said making Haley and Brighid laugh.

"How about you come over tomorrow to hang out with Jenny and I?" Brighid asked. Jamie shook his head all excited. "Great see you tomorrow"