~101~

*the story is back!*

One year ago...

"Look, it's daddy" Brighid said as she let Jenny and the twins onto the court. The twins barely made it a few steps before having to crawl their way over.

"Hey, guys" Jake exclaimed grabbing the three in a hug. "I'm just about to finish up practice and then we can hit the road"

"No rush. Figured I'd get them tired for the ride to Tree Hill" Brighid explained. Jake smiled before sprinting to the center of the court.

"So, as the new head coach this year. I've been tasked with filling a slot. A point guard. And I've come to a decision on who we will call. Now, since I'm heading back to my hometown, I'd figure I'd let you guys know now. It's Nathan Scott" Jake announced.

Brighid sat on the bleacher watching the three crawl and dance around the edge of the court as she excitedly smiled to herself.

"It was no easy decisions but with a smaller budget this year. Scott was a good call" Jake explained. The team huddled for a quick chant before heading to the locker room.

"Ready to get married?" Brighid asked as Jake picked up the two twins off the floor. Brighid guided Jenny in front of her as they exited the stadium.  (There will be a separate wedding chapter)

One year later...

"Okay guys. This is home for the next couple of months" Jake said as he opened the back driver side car door. Jenny was the first to jump out of the car. The twins, Hadley and Noah were unstrapped and placed on the ground. Their little feet immediately followed after their older sister to the porch.

Jake and Brighid looked at the house, admiring it from the driveway. They had purchased sight unseen after deciding a couple weeks ago to come back to Tree Hill for the off season.

Even if Nathan wasn't too happy with Jake right now. Even thought he should only be mad at his agent. Jake, as the coach is facing having to pass up Nathan if his new contract isn't as competitive as another contract the bobcats recently got.

Jake knew he had to solely pass his decision on the team and would be best but he didn't want to burst another dream of Nathan's at the same time.

Brighid, standing by Jake's side with whatever his decision is going to be knew Nathan wasn't going to be pleased to seen them around if he chooses the other contract.

"Mom, where's my room?" Jenny asked. It amazed Brighid how resilient Jenny was. She had moved a few times in the last couple of years and yet with each move she still remains unfazed.

"Let's go find out" Brighid said as she and Jake walked up to the front door. Jake pulled the keys out of his pocket and opened the front door revealing a gorgeous beach front home.

Jenny sprinted up the stairs while the twins ran for the large empty living room. Jake chased after the twins while Brighid headed upstairs. She watched as her daughter picked out the room in the back, an ocean view from the bay window.

"So, is this your pick?" Brighid asked. Jenny smiled from ear to ear.

"So, when's grandpa coming over?" Jenny asked. Brighid just looked at her with a lack of emotion. Dan had made some choices after he survived the heart transplant.

He married Rachel, wrote a book, got a televisions show.

He had moved on from whatever life he had in Tree Hill when he thought he was dying.

"We can call him tonight and see if he's not busy" Brighid said. Jenny smiled before showing her mother where each of the furniture was going to go.