~59~

The next morning slightly hungover Brighid walked up to the school courtyard holding her head.

"So you stop calling?" Jake shouted all mad. Brighid rolled her eyes.

"Can we maybe not do this right here, right now! I'm slightly hungover" Brighid whispered. Jake rolled his eyes letting out a disappointing sigh.

"What happened to you?" Jake asked. Brighid instantly thought back to the day before she left for camp.

"Brighid, Nathan it's your father" Deb shouted all panicked. Brighid stood at the top of the steps while Nathan walked out. Surprisingly Haley was standing in the doorway.

"I'm not coming" Brighid said. Nathan and Deb looked at Brighid.

"What? He's in danger. Come on" Deb said waving her on. Brighid followed her mother's directions despite being mad at her father. The whole time her mother was in rehab he mad her life hell. Practice non-stop. Riding Nathan and her.

Lucas left the house but was making Dan even angrier digging up dirt on him. She just wanted it to stop. When her mom came home she told her all of it. Brighid deep down knew that her father was hurt because of her, she could sense it.

They arrived at the scene to find Dan covered in soot, burned and breathing oxygen. They all slowly walked over to him as he was being loaded into the ambulance.

"When I find out who did this they are dead" Dan muttered before being taken away. Brighid could see her mother's face full of worry.

The next morning she visited her father bright and earlier before seeing Jake and Jenny once last time.

She slowly and hesitantly walked into the room.

"Dad?" She softly called out. His eyes opened.

"Brighid. High Flyers today? Better come back a star. Prove to them all the work we put in" Dan said in an almost threatening tone. Brighid silently gulped.

"Just wanted to stop by before I left" Brighid said wanting to leave. As she was about to walk away her father tightly grabbed her hand.

"Superstar, nothing less" Dan stated staring into her eyes. She shook her head nervous, pulling her hand away from his grip.

She headed to see Jenny and Jake who where sitting on the porch of his house waiting for her.

"Hey" she greeted trying to be happy after the experience she just had with her dad.

"Hey" Jake said handing her Jenny. Brighid placed kisses on the 8 month olds cheek. She held her on her hip as she talked to Jake.

"Three months" Brighid whispered.

"Everyday. Call, text whatever works for you. We will both be waiting for you to come back" Jake said placing a kiss on her lips. Brighid pulled away smiling.

"I'll see you" Brighid whispered into Jake's ear as she wrapped her arm around him, nestling her head int the crook of his neck. She handed Jenny back and walked slowly walked to her car looking back every couple of steps.

As she pulled away she wiped the tears that fell from her eyes.

"I have dreams, I was busy achieving them" Brighid snapped walking away. Eyes were on them as she rushed off.

"Hey you okay?" Lucas asked trying to stop Brighid. She pushed past him, throwing his arm of her and stomping away mad.

She pulled out her schedule to see she was nestled between Haley, Nathan and Lucas.

"This is going to be a long year" Brighid commented as she quickly opened her locker, throwing her books in and walking off frustrated.