~95~

Brighid rushed around the house as she tried to get Jenny and herself ready for the wedding.

"Brig? You almost done?" Jake called out from the bottom of the stairs.

"Almost" Brighid shouted back. She curled the last bit of hair before fixing Jenny's hair bow. The two rushed downstairs to find Jake in his tux. "You look amazingly handsome" Brighid whispered placing a kiss on his jawline. Jake couldn't help but smile.

"You look amazing too. Now let's go before we are all late" Jake said. The three hopped in the car and rushed over to the church parking on the street right outside of it.

As Jake helped get Jenny out of the car seat and to the sidewalk to cross the street he took notice of the man driving the vehicle. "Is that your dad?" He asked Brighid. She had to do a double take. He stopped a few cars away and Haley who looked pissed gave him a stern lecture before he pulled away.

The three crossed the street and Brighid rushed over to Haley.

"Was that?"

"Dan? Yes. I swear if he tries to go near Jamie I will literally flip out" Haley said. Brighid could sense Haley was on edge between Lucas marrying Lindsey, Nathan and her having fights and now Dan being released. Haley had mentioned by accident her doubts with Lucas and Lindsey being married. She felt as though Peyton was always the one. "Let's go before we are late. After all, we are in the wedding" Haley muttered. Brighid grabbed Jenny, propping her up on her hip as the four of them crossed the street. Jenny instantly ran to hang out with Jamie and Lily while Brighid rushed to Lindsey's room.

Despite not being that close with her, Brighid agreed to be her bridesmaid. Lindsey felt obligated since Lucas was her brother.

"Hi, oh, Lindsey you looked beautiful. You ready to become a Scott?" Brighid asked. Lindsey gave Brighid a strange smile and Brighid instantly knew she was getting cold feet. She smiled back before rushing her out the door and to the doors that led to the church. Brighid walked down the aisle followed by Karen and Haley, sneaking a small smile to Jake who escorted her down before standing behind Lucas.

The ceremony began and Brighid slightly prayed Lindsey wouldn't pull anything like she assumed she would.

"We give thanks today. To Lucas and Lindsey for their open hearts and open spirits. And for their closest friends and family. May we all be changed by what is said and witnessed here. Lucas Eugene Scott, do you take Lindsey Evelyn Strauss to be your lawfully wedded wife. Do you promise to be true to her, in sickness and in health" the priest began but Lindsey interrupted him.

"It was a comet" she muttered.

"Excuse me?" The priest asked. Brighid closed her eyes bracing for what was to come next.

"It was a comet, Luke"

"Can you just give us a moment" Lucas whispered. The priest agreed taking a few steps back.

"The boy saw a comet. The boy saw the comet and he felt as though his life had meaning. And when it went away he waited his entire life for it to come back to him" Lindsey continued. Lucas placed his hands on her shoulder trying to snap her out of the book review she was giving. She then handed back the ring before running off down the aisle.

The whole church sat there stunned at what had just taken place. Jake and Brighid began to leave the church when they couldn't find Jenny.

"Brooke have you seen Jenny?" Jake asked. Brooke looked at Jake concerned.

"No? Is everything okay?" Brooke asked. Haley rushed into the church looking for Jamie.

"The children are missing" Haley shouted panicked as she ran outside. Nathan stopped a cop car that had been passing. "It was Dan Scott. He had been here earlier and he just got out of prison" Haley cried. Brighid clung tightly to Jake as they gave a description.

As the police began a secret everyone headed to the closest house which happened to be Haley and Nathan's. The hours slowly passed and Brighid began to have a panic attack in the kitchen.

"I am such an unfit mother. I can't even keep an eye on one, how am I going to deal with two?" Brighid cried. Brooke and Peyton looked at her, doing a double take.

"Are you pregnant?" Lucas asked. Brighid wiped the tears from her face.

"Shit. This wasn't how I wanted everyone to find out" Brighid mumbled.

"Mommy?" Jenny called out. Her and Jamie ran into the family room. Brighid and Jake grabbed Jenny while Nathan and Haley embraced Jamie.

"Grandpa Dan saved us" Jenny said. Everyone looked at the hallway to see Dan Scott, dressed in a tux, walk towards them. He doesn't say a word and proceeds to leave. Lucas and Nathan rush after him causing Brighid to hand over Jenny before following them.

Brighid walks outside to find Lucas and Nathan beating up Dan.

"Get off of him" Brighid shouted pushing her brothers off. Dan was seated on the ground, his back against her car trying to catch his breath.

"Grandpa" Jamie said running towards him. Jake, Haley and Jenny rushed out after him. Jenny running up to Dan and giving him a hug.

"Jamie" Haley reprimanded wanting him far away.

"Go. Listen to your mother" Dan whispered. Jamie listened following his mother inside.

"Come on" Brighid muttered helping her father up.

"Thank you Grandpa" Jenny said gripping his leg in a hug. Dan smiled back placing a hand on her back before gently pushing her towards Brighid. She gave him a soft thankful smile as she walked away.

Lucas and Nathan didn't seem too happy by Brighid's actions.