~45~

"One big happy family. Isn't that what you wanted" Deb asked Brighid as she brought in the box of her things from the beach house.

Brighid had spoken to Deb and although they were far from making amends, Brighid for both her sanity and everyone else's decided it was best to move back home.... with both her mom and dad under one roof.

"Morning" Brighid called out as she walked down the stairs to head to school.

"Morning" Dan called back as he sat on the couch watching tv.

"Want to go for a walk?" Deb asked as she threw all her belongings into her bag.

"No I think I'll just order lawn gnomes. The front yard is bare" Dan responded. Brighid and Deb exchanged a look of worry with each other.

"I'm going to be late. See you guys later" Brighid called out.
———
Brighid was walking to her locker when she saw Haley and Peyton outside.

"Hey. Have you seen-" Brighid greeted walking up to the two.

"Peyton, Haley, Brighid. This is Felix" Mouth said interrupting Brighid's conversation.

"Hi, how you doing" Haley greeted being the nice and welcoming person she was. Brighid stood the side not saying much.

"Girl, you are totally fine" Felix said all smooth and flirtatious.

"Dude, I'm totally married" Haley quickly responded flashing her ring. Brighid couldn't help but look at Felix, he was quite the sight for sore eyes.

"Right? And you are?" Felix asked Brighid.

"A little to close to my wife and younger sister" Nathan said grabbing Haley's hand and walking away.

"Don't listen to him. Brighid" she said before chasing after Nathan.
———
The next morning Brighid and Luke were talking about Dan when they saw Mouth.

"What's up Mouth?" Luke asked giving him a fist bump.

"Hey Luke, Brighid" Mouth greeted back. Brighid smiled standing in between Luke and Mouth.

"Run anyone over today?" Luke asked Felix. Brighid could sense these two didn't have a good introduction.

"I feel you man. It's hard when the big dog comes to town" Felix cockily commented. He then looked to Brighid. "If that's your boyfriend better break up with him now. I can show you a real good time"

Lucas had an angry face. "Dude that's my sister" Lucas commented.

"Oh okay. We got some sloppy family dynamics happening. Haven't seen this one yet. I look forward to finding out more" Felix laughed before closing his locker and walking away.

Brighid huffed and headed off in the opposite direction alone.

After school she walked up to the house to find Jake holding Jenny.

"I was hoping you'd be able to watch her" Jake explained.

"I'm free tonight" Brighid said grabbing the child and the diaper bag. Jake smiled kissing Jenny on the head before sprinting off.

Brighid opened the door.

"Hello?" Brighid called out.

"Hey how was school?" Dan asked coming to greet her. He was happy until he noticed Jenny.

"It's just a few hours until Jake comes and gets her. Don't be mad" Brighid said. Dan frown softened to a small smile.

"I have a surprise for you" Dan said. The three walked through the kitchen and out the side door to find a car with a bow on it parked at the end of the driveway.

"Your birthday is coming up and your mom and I figured you deserved a car" Dan explained.

"Wow dad, you shouldn't have. Really" Brighid said as she drooled at the four seat convertible with a bow.

"Let's take it for a test drive" Dan said opening the passenger door. Brighid looked at Jenny in her arms.

"I don't have a car seat" she explained. Dan smiled softly heading into the garage.

"It was yours and Nathan" Dan explained as he clicked the car seat into place. Brighid smiled buckling Jenny up before hitting the open road.

"This is amazing dad. Really" Brighid said as a car pulled up next to them at the light.

"Hey you" Felix greeted with a big smile. Brighid looked over before turning her attention back front. Her eyes rolled, annoyed he was here.

"So who's riding shotgun in the back?" Felix asked looking over at Jenny. His smile turned to a grin. Brighid remained quiet looking at the steering wheel of the car, unsure on how to answer.

"She's mine. When you're ready to trade up for a car like this come to Dan Scott Motors. Right down the road" Dan said smiling at Brighid. The light turned green and Felix pulled away.

"Thanks" Brighid muttered feeling dumb for not answering truthfully before. Dan smiled before telling Brighid to hit the gas.