~96~

"Jake agreed with you?" Nathan asked. Brighid blew out a breath in frustration.

"Is that so hard to believe?" Brighid rhetorically asked. Lucas, however answered, "yes it is. Dan murdered someone. Not just someone his brother, your uncle"

"You need to reconsider this Brig" Nathan urged.

"What's so wrong with allowing Dan back into my life? You know you can make decisions for your family and for yourself. I think Dad deserves a second chance"

"Do you hear yourself?" Lucas shouted throwing his arms in the air. Nathan shook his head which hung low.

"Brighid you have to admit you sound crazy" Nathan said. Brighid began to get upset.

"Jenny deserves a relationship with him. My future child does too. It's my decision and you two can't stop me" Brighid argued back grabbing her car keys off the counter.

"You can't see Jamie then. Jenny can't either. That's my decision" Nathan shouted. Brighid turned around, tears pooling in her eyes.

"Fine. If that's your decision" Brighid said. Lucas and Nathan exchanged a look with each other as Brighid headed home.

She walked into the house, throwing her bag and keys down in frustration.

"So how'd it go? Although I think I can tell it didn't go well" Jake said as he emerged from the kitchen. He been prepping tomorrow's lunch for Jenny.

"Not good. Nathan and Lucas don't agree with our decision and frankly Nathan doesn't think we should be around him and his family if we are going to see Dan. Jenny included" Brighid explained. Jake shook his head trying to find the right words.

"We aren't making the wrong choice. I just think they need more time"

"Well, they can have all the time in the world. I'm assuming we are uninvited from his birthday party"

"We are going. I'll talk to Nathan and Lucas for you" Jake said kissing Brighid's temple. She smiled as he headed back into the kitchen.

———

"Happy birthday JL" Brighid

"Thank you Aunt Brighid" Jamie innocently said. Jenny ran off joining Jamie and his friends. Brighid walked to the kitchen with Jake by her side. His arm wrapped around her back.

"Hey I know you said-" Brighid began once she say Nathan.

"Just don't bring him up and we will be fine" Nathan said smiling at the two. Jake noticed Lucas standing by himself and walked away to talk to him. Brooke who was fostering a child walked in with Peyton.

"If it isn't my other bestie. Can I sleepover for a while?" Peyton asked jokingly. Brooke rolled her eyes.

"No sleep still?" Brighid asked. The two shook their heads simultaneously. "That was one thing I'm not looking forward to"

"So are you guys excited?" Brooke asked. "I'm not that excited seeing as though I have to find a new model for my athletic line. Although maybe a maternity line wouldn't be so bad"

"Can I be honest? Im so afraid. Jake raised Jenny for the first few months. I've never done it"

"You'll be fine B. Scott" Peyton said reassuring her. "Plus I think you have bigger things to worry about like your dad"

"Actually Jake and I both agreed it's best if he's in Jenny's life" Brighid revealed. Brooke and Peyton looked shocked while Haley walked in looking disgusted. Brighid originally thought it was because of the comment she made.

"Your mom hired a clown. He's the creepiest one I've seen" she said. Brighid looked down the hall to find her mother flirting with the clown.

"She sobers up and comes back to Tree Hill as one big flirt. Has Jamie been enjoying time with her?"

"Deb's great. She's offered to be the nanny for us. At least I won't have to worry about Nathan and the nanny this time" Haley joked. Everyone weakly smiled. "Too soon?"

"Maybe" Brooke whispered. Suddenly the baby began to cry and Brooke rushed upstairs to change her diaper.

"I should get Jamie so he can open gifts" Haley said trying to collect herself. Brighid in that moment realized she hadn't brought the gift in. She headed to the front door, swinging it open.

"Dad, you need to leave"

"I'm just here to give my grandson his birthday gift" Dan said. Brighid pushed him outside shutting the door behind her.

"It just for the best. I'll give Jamie the gift" Brighid said checking behind her. Dan sighed, handing the gift over. Brighid rushed to her car, grabbing the gift she had brought herself before heading back inside.

She snuck both gift bags onto the table just before Jamie began to open them. Jake walked over standing next to her.

"No convincing him" he whispered. Brighid looked at Jake.

"Dan stopped by. I told him to leave before anyone saw. He dropped off a gift. To make matters worse my mom is flirting with the clown" Brighid said motioning behind her. The two looked back to find Deb talking to the clown. Brighid shivered at the scene.

Brighid watched as Jamie opened the mysterious gift.

"Look, daddy it's your number"

"Who gave you this?" Haley asked. Brighid looked at Nathan before quickly looking the other way. Brighid knew it was Nathan's first Jersey. Jamie continued to open gifts unsuspecting.

"Uncle Jake, Aunt Brighid thank you" Jamie exclaimed as he opened up one of the newest nerf guns. Brighid and Jake smiled at his excitement.

Shortly after the cake everyone began to head home. Brighid grabbed Jenny without saying goodbye to Nathan. She didn't want another fight.

"Have fun?" Brighid asked Jenny in the car.

"It was sooo much fun. Jamie has so many new toys now. Plus Deb said I can come over anytime"

"You mean grandma" Brighid corrected.

"She said not to call her that" Jenny explained. Brighid shook her head at her mother's craziness. As Jake pulled up to the house Dan was sitting on the porch.

"Dad? You're really pushing it aren't you" Brighid said as she grabbed Jenny out of the back. Jenny instantly ran onto the porch, jumping onto his lap.

"I came to give you this. We enjoyed it growing up, and I think you and your family will too" Dan said handing over the deed to the beach house.

"Dad. I have a house"

"It's my HCM. I have six months to live" Dan said. Brighid looked at Jake. She hesitantly grabbed the paper as he stood up. Jenny hugged him goodbye before he walked away.