~36~

Brighid gathered into the cafeteria of Tree Hill High for the Boy Toy Auction.

"Who's your money on?" Peyton asked Brighid.

"Not really sure" Brighid lied. She was secretly gunning for Jake. After the Classics weekend Brighid had a lot of questions for Jake. She was hoping he would answer it.

"I think you should bid on Jake" Peyton said making Brighid blush a little.

"Me and Jake? Was there something before the accident?" Brighid asked. Peyton smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

"Hey" Haley said joining the two.

"Ready to fight off the skanks?" Peyton asked Haley who smiled.

"Yes and no" Haley responded. "Who's up next?"

The three of them skimmed through the pamphlet.

"Tim" they all said simultaneously. He walked out mortifying everyone in the audience.

"Who's going to bid on him?" Brighid asked Haley and Peyton who both chuckled. Brighid, however, spoke too soon.

"Eight dollars?" Deb asked holding up singles. Brighid looked at her mom with crazy eyes.

"Your mom did not"

"I guess she did" Brighid responded mortified.

"Okay Jake is up next" Peyton whispered to Brighid.

"How much do you have?" Haley asked.

"$104.30 it's the money I saved up from last year for this year"

The three girls watched as Jake came out in the Ravens mascot uniform slowly stripping it off as the bids came in.

"Sixty" Brighid shouted.

"Seventy-five" another girl shouted.

"Bid it all" Haley whispered.

"One hundred and four dollars" Brighid shouted.

"Going once, twice, sold" Whitey announced. Brighid smiled at Jake before meeting him in the lobby where she paid.

"I'm far from being worth a hundred dollars"

"Hundred and four" Brighid corrected him.

"Have fun" Tim's stepmom said collecting the money.

"So your mom bought Tim?" Jake questioned as the two left the school.

"Don't ask. I'm not even sure what that's about" Brighid answered. The two walked out to his truck.

"So where to?" Jake asked turning it on.

"Bring me to a spot we use to go to" Brighid said making Jake smile. He reversed out of the parking lot and drove to the pier.

"This is the table you told me some big news"

"Big news? What like I wanted to marry you?" Brighid joked.

"Nah, better than that" Jake said. Making Brighid furrow her eyebrows.

"You really don't remember anything?" Jake asked. Brighid shook her head no looking down at the table. Engraved into the cement was Jenny. She rubbed her finger over the name.

"Jenny? I know a Jenny" Brighid said.

"Do you remember her?" Jake asked.

Brighid tried really hard to remember. Jake slipped out a photo from his wallet.

"That's Jenny"

Brighid grabbed the photo staring at it intensely.

"Jenny, she's ours" Brighid muttered. She immediately looked up shocked she remembered that. She looked at the photo again, the memories slowly flooding back.

She lunged over the table the two falling into the grass. Brighid lied on the ground as Jake was above her. The two gazed into each other's eyes.

Brighid's hand reached up resting on his cheek. Her fingers stroked his skin lightly.

Jake stood up helping Brighid off the ground as well. She instantly grabbed him into a hug, taking in his scent.

"I want it to be me, you and Jenny. No matter what your dad says" Jake whispered.

"Me too" Brighid whispered back.

"If my dad wins. I don't think it will be easy. Just like the beginning"

"I'm willing to fight" Jake whispered once more. The two looked at each other before kissing. Brighid pulled away resting her head on his chest. The two looked out at the river.

"Can I see her?" Brig asked. Jake shook his head and the two got in the car.

Brighid and Jake spent the remainder of the night watching Jenny sleep while catching up. At midnight Brighid and Jake exchanged a kiss before offered to drive her home.

When she got home she softly closed the front door.

"Hey honey how was it?"

"I remember. I remember" Brighid rejoiced. Deb looked at her shocked before hugging and rejoicing as well.