~27~

The next morning Brighid walked into the beach house. Two suitcases laid next to the stairs.

"Why are we at the beach house?" Brighid asked Dan looking around for an answer or a clue.

"Your mother and I- we.... we had a fight. Nothing to worry about though! I'm just staying here for the mean time" Dan said with a smile. Brighid weakly smiled back trying to remember the fight the two had.

"Now go upstairs and relax. I'll make dinner and then we can go over everything you've forgotten" Dan said placing a hand on Brighid's shoulder and ushering her to the stairs. Brighid walked up the stairs to her room while Dan went to the kitchen.

She walked into to an unfamiliar room to say the least. Last she remembered her comforter was completely different a light blue with ruffles, now it was black and fuzzy. The photos on her walls had been swapped out for newer memories, memories she no longer had.

Brooke, Peyton and Brighid had what seemed to be the court by the River. Brighid had never been there before so she was unsure of why all three were there.

Another photo was Nathan and Brighid over the summer. The people in the photo looked so happy, Brighid couldn't help but wonder what happened to them. Nathan seemed off and Brighid felt lost.

The last photo caught her extremely off guard. Jake
Jagielski and Brighid posed at what seemed to be a cafe. The two practically snuggled up against each other. Brighid couldn't remember speaking a word to him let alone hugging him in a photo. Her thumb skimmed over the photo just as her bedroom door flew open.

"Dinner's done" Nathan said practically scaring Brighid to death.

"Coming" Brighid responded. Her thumb pulled away from the photo and she followed Nathan down the stairs to the dining room table.

"Let's eat" Dan said with a smile placing the bowl of salad on the table. Brighid pulled the car away from the table and slid into the seat.

"So how was practice today Nate?" Dan asked.

Nathan placed his fork down on the table.

"It's been cancelled for Lucas" Nathan spoke out. Brighid furrowed her eyebrows she didn't know a Lucas who played on the team. The only Lucas in Tree Hill High was Lucas Scott.

"Lucas Scott?" Brighid asked. "He's on the team?"

"Yeah" Nathan chuckled.

"So let's jog that memory, what do you say?" Dan said changing the subject.

"Sure" Brighid meekly responded.

"You know how you mentioned jumping a grade?"

Brighid shook her head yes.

"You are in 11th grade now, with Nathan" Dan said with a smile. Brighid looked to Nathan who was focused on the plate of food.

"Anything else I should know about?" Brighid asked forking some potatoes into her mouth.

"You'll be back to basketball practice in a week. Doctors orders" Dan gleamed. Brighid smiled but deep down she could feel the anxiety creep up.

"So you and mom, when do you move back in?" Brighid asked once more.

"Dad you can't be serious-" Nathan began but Dan cut him off.

"Soon" was all Dan responded with.

After the dinner finished Nathan placed his dish in the sink and grabbed his car keys.

"I'll see you tomorrow Brig" Nate said before rushing out the door. Brighid could sense her dad and Nathan weren't in good terms at the moment.

"You're holding back information" Brighid said loudly still staring at the front door.

"What do you mean?" Dan asked coming out of the kitchen.

"He's mad at you. I can tell. What happened? Why are you lying?"

"Brighid, don't forget who saved you. Now go to bed, you have school tomorrow" Dan sternly said. Brighid turned on her heel and headed to her room.