~24~

"Morning" Brighid greeted walking into the kitchen still half asleep.

"Scrambled or fried?" May asked holding the pan in her hand.

"Oh, I'm not really that hungry" Brighid said passing on the eggs.

"Just go get ready for breakfast which is going to be outside" Deb said. Brighid headed back upstairs to get dressed.

A few minutes later everyone was gathered outside. Keith had stopped by again for some breakfast.

"Look I was mean last night but I want to say that I think your ruining-" Royal began.

"What Royal is trying to say is he's sorry. Brighid we are so proud of how smart and accomplished you are" May continued. "Nathan, you are an extremely talented boy"

"Thanks" Brighid muttered sensing her grandfather was far from feeling the same way as her grandmother was.

"Yeah only in basketball" Nathan muttered.

"Just eat" Deb said. The breakfast was almost over as Jake pulled into the driveway.

"I have to get going" Brighid awkwardly stated. She didn't want to go into too much detail to avoid another fight.

"Is ah, the baby in the car?" May asked.

"Mom" Dan said.

"Quiet Danny" May shooed.

Brighid smiled and walked over with her grandmother to the truck.

"Mrs. Scott" Jake said from the driver seat. In the back was Jenny all ready for daycare.

"Oh she's beautiful" May squealed looking at the sleeping baby from the rolled down window.

"She is isn't she.... we have to go but uh, I'll see you next time" Brighid said hugging her grandmother. She hopped into the passenger seat, Jake pulling away.

"It's finally over"

"Your grandparents that bad?" Jake asked with a laugh.

"No, the pretending is finally done. My mom and dad are on the verge of a divorce, Nathan's secrets out. My secrets out. Uh, its all over" Brighid laughed.
———
That night Brighid was at the cafe with her mom helping get everything ready for Karen's arrival.

"Brighid, you are okay with this divorce right?" Deb asked randomly as the two cleaned the counter and loaded the dishwasher.

"Please, Nathan and I have been expecting this since you started working for the foundation" Brighid revealed.

"Well, I know it's going to be hard but we will get through it"

"Mom?"

"Yes, honey?"

"He's not going to have a custody battle is he?"

"I won't let him take either of you away" Deb reassured the girl. The oven went off and Brighid went to go get the freshly baked muffins out.

"Look at you. Deb you did an amazing job" Keith commented as he walked in.

"Heading out?" Deb asked.

"Just about to go get her. Can you believe six weeks flew by like that?"

"Oh I know. It makes me wonder where all the years went with the kids" Deb said glancing back to Brighid in the kitchen.

"How are they handling the separation and stuff?" Keith asked.

"I'm not too sure. They act strong but I doubt it's not effecting them"

"I can talk to her if you want" Keith mumbled as Brighid walked back with the muffins in a display case.

"We have a few extra muffins what should I do with them?" Brighid asked.

"Wrap them up and bring them with you for Karen" Deb said.

"Mom? I don't want-"

"Come Brig, we can spend some rare no Dan Scott time together" Keith said flashing Deb a smile. Brighid sighed before pulling off her apron and grabbing the leftover muffins.

"Bye guys" Deb said.

"See you soon" Keith said walking out with Brighid next to him.