32

The group got downstairs, the bodies that laid unconscious on the ground seemed to start stirring awake

Some moved slightly while others seemed to open their eyes only to close them back by the sudden blinding light above.

" Chaeyoung, can you like pick the lock or something?" Haechan muttered, playing with the lock with his tongue stuck out.

" I think so," she responded, taking out a bobby pin from her hair making part of her fringe drop down. Jaemin's hand subconsciously raised slightly, the urge to tuck the loose strands behind her ear but he pulled his hand back.

" I think we need a plan, and a quick one cause I'm pretty sure there are many guards outside," Jaemin said. " Do you think you guys can use your abilities right now?"

Jaemin glanced towards Jisung and Haechan, directing his question at them which they nodded to. " Yeah, we can do it," Haechan agreed.

" Okay then, Chenle and Renjun will follow Jisung so that he can blink to the car while Chaeyoung and I will follow Haechan to teleport there," Jaemin explained, his hands unconsciously moving as a habit whenever he talks about his plans.

" So once Chaeyoung opens the door we get out and you bring us to the car, understand?" He finished. A chorus of " yes," coming out from their mouth in response.

" Okay then, angel you can go do your thing," Jaemin said, flashing a small smile to her which led to her cheeks heating up ever so slightly.

Diverting her gaze from the boy and back to the lock at the door, she took the bobby pin and placed it into the lock hole. Turning and poking with it until she found the right spot.

" Uh Chaeyoung, I think you need to be a little faster," Jeno urged, watching as some of the people started to sit up and wake from their sleep.

" Almost," Chaeyoug muttered, turning the pin a few more times until a soft click sounded.

The door opened.

" We leave and blink or teleport immediately," Jaemin instructed, raising a hand as he counted down from 3 using his fingers.

He opened the door completely as the group ran out. The body guards seemed to have quick reflexes as their heads immediately shot towards them and started to run towards them.

" Now!" Jaemin yelled.

Haechan and Jisung closed their eyes nearly in sync as they grabbed the hands of whoever was following them.

Opening their minds, they imagined as if there was a large hand grabbing them all and bringing them safely to the car.

Imagination and mind power seemed to be more powerful than anything as Chaeyoung felt herself whisking away some place else - as if being torn apart and pieced back together again.

When she opened her eyes again, she found herself at the car park with the others. " Woah, that's cool," she awed in amazement. " So you both have the same ability?"

" Nah, I can teleport but Jisung can Blink it's two different things and has different requirements," Haechan explained as he got into the drivers seat, prepared to leave the place and head back to the base.

" Lets hurry back before they find us," Renjun said, climbing onto the car.

Jaemin and Chaeyoung were the last resulting in them sitting at the back. Silence filled the air, not awkward but comfortable.

" Well, now that we have the file filled with information and skulls plans as we know it contains but..." Jaemin trailed off, taking out a red coloured paper from the folder, the only odd one out. " What the hell is this."

highly classified
do not spread this around

one girl, one key, her blood, sweat and tears to open the vault. Something so precious yet contains demons.

answers we seek yet not ready to reveal its hidden in that girl's life, it's tragedy that she lives in.

Her past is the answer to everything we seek.

Yet, she isn't exactly the keeper to the full story. The other half hidden somewhere far far away,

leaving the rest of the story as an unsolved mystery.

" Didn't know they had brains to rhyme, good try I guess? But isn't it all pointing at Chaeyoung?" Haechan commented, looking at the girl from the rearview mirror before glancing back at the road as they drove.

" Do you know what it means by your past?" Jaemin asked her but she shook her head.

" No," she simply said, feeling disappointed and useless at that moment at the little help she provided. Hating the vulnerability of having no answers. She took a deep breath before saying the 4 words she hated most when placed together in a sentence.

" I have no idea."

I tried to rhyme 😭✋🏻