13

" So we have confirmed that this is from a Skulls member so far," Taeyong stated, only for Ten to raise his hand

" It might not be one of them, I checked the security camera and it looked like an old man who came to put it outside our base, it definitely wasn't a delivery person," Ten commented, " I don't think they would give us these items and clues too."

" Okay, then we'll just need to find out," Taeyong spoke, " Does anyone know where this place is?" he asked, showing the photo of a locked door with a four digit smart lock on it.

" It's just a door, who would know?" Haechan commented.

" Okay then, why would they give money to us, any ideas?"
" Maybe we need to buy bombs to explode the Skulls base to take-" Haechan said before getting cut off.

" Okay next!" Taeyong said, rolling his eyes at the mood maker's comment, " Haechan can just keep his opinions to himself."

" Any updates on what's in the computer?"
" There is just notes and a bunch of files that needs passcodes to unlock," Ten responded, " I've been trying to hack into it but it is really really secure and it uses some advanced technology that I don't know how to break into."

" What about the notes?"
" Uh...I read it and it makes no sense," the boy said, scratching the back of his neck, " well except for one which was actually readable but it said ' look into a mirror ' which most utterly makes no sense at all."

The note was shown on the table as everyone tried their best to comprehend it but nothing came out.

" Great, we're still at square one even with this stupid thing opened," another commented as groans were heard throughout the room.

" Well, there is one way to hack into the files in the laptop," Ten said, everyone's heads shooting towards his direction.

" If you don't know how to do it, then how?"
" Well, it's the same way I managed to open the box," he said, placing the laptop on the table, " Chaeyoung."

" What? Her? That dumbass little girl?" Jaemin voiced out, nearly falling out of his seat as the other nodded.

" Okay then, its settled, I think Ten should focus on tracking down the person who sent this so Jaemin should take over and help with the laptop together with Chaeyoung," the leader finalized.

" Why me?! That girl is such a nuisance."
" Your the next best at technology after Ten so you would be able to understand and help with anything," Taeyong said, " and stop calling her mean names, try and get along with her, you're after all in charge of taking care of her."

The boy rolled her eyes, a sigh leaving his lips as he leaned back against his chair, " what did I ever do to deserve this," he mumbled to himself.

Chaeyoung sat in her room, scrolling through the channels on the television out of boredom.

One hand raked through her silky raven hair as the other clicked on the button as the channels changed every second.

She gave up, throwing the control on the bed blindly as she laid back onto the bed and stared up at the ceiling in frustration.

She saw the picture, a glimpse, and she immediately felt like it was familiar to her, but nothing came up to her mind. She shook her head, trying to get rid of the thoughts but to no avail.

" I'm so sure I saw that door somewhere," she talked to herself, fingers running through her already messy hair in frustration.

" What door?" a voice sounded as the door to her room swung open, " is it this?" the boy said, raising up the photo in his hand, tilting his head to the side as he looked at the girl.

" Geez Jaemin, you didn't have to budge in like that, where's your manners," Chaeyoung said sarcastically as she sat up looking intently at the picture that he held, " yes it's that picture."

" Do you know where it is?"
" It looks familiar but I can't think about where I had seen it," she stated, snatching the picture from the boy and staring at it, hoping for a memory to appear in her mind.

" Anyways that's not what I came here for," Jaemin said, glancing at the girl who stared at the picture in concentration, " we need your help."

Chaeyoung turned her head to the side, cocking an eyebrow as she stared at him, pointing a finger to herself, " me?" she questioned.

" Yes you," he confirmed before continuing, " Ten said you're good at hacking and he can't hack into the files in the laptop so we need your help."

" So you need my help cause i'm such a great hacker who managed to unopen some mystery box," she said, " but what's in it for me?"

" Anything you want."
" I would say to let me go to school but you probably won't allow it so," she clasped her hand together, giving the boy puppy eyes, " can I get involed with this mafia thing?" she finished.

" Firstly, get that disgusting face off your already ugly face," Jaemin commented, " and I'm afraid I can't fulfil that."

" Then simple, i'm not helping," Chaeyoung said with a petty attitude.

" This seriously isn't the life you want."
" Well, I don't care," she stated, " my father is involved in this and I want to help, I want to know what happened, okay? So please, let me be involved in this."

The boy sighed in disapproval but giving in as he said a simple, " fine."

The girl cheered in happiness, wanting to know why her father did what he did. " But you are not allowed to get involved in the fights and stuff, it's too dangerous," Jaemin told her, fingers raking through his hair habitually.

" Anyways where's the laptop?" she asked, eyes skimming over the boy's hands to check whether he was holding it.

" It's in my room," the boy said as he walked over to the door, " I'll go get it, just wait here."

He was about to open it before he turned back around and said, " Ten is busy trying to track down the person who sent it and apparently i'm the next most technologically inclined after him so I'm helping you with the laptop."

Chaeyoung's mouth parted, wanting to say something mean but thought better of it as she closed it back and nodded her head instead.

" Well then, I'll be back."

honestly jaemin doesn't sound that cold here but looks like our jaemin and chaeyoung are gonna spend some time together ;)

anyways i think their ship name should be chaemin 👀👀👀