16

The halls were filled with people walking around when Chaeyoung awoke from her sleep

The halls were filled with people walking around when Chaeyoung awoke from her sleep. With her droopy and tired eyes she left her room, dragging her legs to the dining room which was surprisingly empty.

She walked and grabbed the food she wanted, eating it alone as she looked at her phone.

"  You can't bring her! It puts her in too much danger," a voice muttered harshly.

Chaeyoung's ears perked up at the familiar voice as all her actions came to a halt. Her gut feelings said that they were talking about her. The urge to go and find out bloomed but she held back, staying in her seat as she eavesdropped more despite knowing that it was wrong.

" Chaeyoung is better than Ten at hacking, she can probably open the door quicker, quick enough for us to leave before it alerts the skulls or something," another spoke, one that she was already way too familiar with, Jaemin's.

Is he really trying to help me? Chaeyoung thought, momentarily touched by his actions.

" Bringing her might make this mission more successful, I'll go talk to her and the decision is finalized," Jaemin concluded while the other could only nod.

Of course he only cares about the mission, it's nothing. She sighed, finishing up the rest of her breakfast before putting her dirty plate in the sink.

She walked out of the room, turning to the right as she saw the two boys- Jaemin and Taeyong whom had been talking about her.

She was about to walk pass them and pretend like nothing happened until they stopped her. Jaemin's hand grabbing a hold of her arm as he pulled her to stand in front of them.

" Clearly you eavesdrop so i'll go straight to the point," Jaemin started, looking at the girl directly in the eye, his deep gaze that pierced through her soul, sending shivers down her spine. " Would you like to join us on this mission?"

Chaeyoung thought about it for a second before saying a simple " yes." Using her other hand to remove the boy's grip before walking away only to get dragged back again.

" Now, not so fast there, angel," he spoke, nodding towards the elder as a sign to speak.

" There are some rules," he started, raising a fist up, raising a finger one by one as he spoke. " Firstly, you are to stay with Jaemin at all times. Second, you are only to do as instructed which is only to hack the door. Lastly, you are strictly not allowed to run away from us."

The girl nodded in understanding, chewing on her bottom lip as she looked at the ground, quiet and submissive.

" By the way, we leave in 15 minutes so quickly go change and we'll leave immediately," Jaemin informed, " I'll come to your room when we're leaving."

Chaeyoung walked down the hallways and back to her room, quickly getting changed into proper clothes which were definitely anything but her pajamas.

Once she was done, she sat on her bed, patiently waiting for the boy's call as she scrolled through her phone.

" Come on, Chaeyoung, we're going." Jaemin's voice called out from outside, gaining the girl's attention as she stood up almost immediately, placing her phone into her pocket before walking out of the room only to bump into the boy's chest. " How are you supposed to go on a mission when you can't even be careful," he clicked his tongue, his words earning a glare from the girl.

" Let's just go," she mumbled, a wry chuckle leaving the boy's lips.

The two walked towards a room, the place lit up showing a room the same size as others but empty of any furniture. Instead, the room held many vehicles of different brands, colours, types and sizes.

" Hurry up you two! We're leaving now," the person in the drivers seat, Haechan, yelled out, Chaeyoung's eyes lighting up at the sight of the dreamies all in the car.

She happily skipped towards the car and sat inside while Jaemin came and sat beside her.

The car started moving as they headed towards their destination. " Time for Chaeyoung to kick some butts! Her first mission today, we should celebrate if it turns out successful," Chenle chirped.

" It isn't like we're fighting anyone, what's the use of celebrating a straight forward mission," Jaemin commented dryly, resting his chin on the palm of his hand as he looked outside, watching as trees and houses passed by speedily.

" We celebrate every little thing moody boy, but Chaeyoung successfully completing her first mission is a huge thing," Haechan stated, emphasizing on "huge" as he sent a quick wink to the girl before diverting his attention back to the road and getting them to the venue in one piece.

Chaeyoung felt herself being at ease upon hearing them bickering. The constant worry of failing slowly fading away as she felt their positive energy taking effect on her, a light hearted chuckle escaping from her lips as they continued to talk while she listened.

" So Chaeyoung, what would you like as a celebration, I personally recommend Jaemin's special menu cause the food there are all so good," Jeno conversed, giving his famous eye smiles to the girl as she swooned over them momentarily.

" He cooks?" She asked, surprised that the stoic and callous boy was able to cook, especially till the point that they were recommending her to eat his food.

" Yes, it's just a hobby," Jaemin mumbled, feeling his ears turn hot ever so slightly.
" And his cooking is reallyyy good, he doesn't cook often though so when he does we always ask for more," Renjun added, " can I just say, he only cooks for us not even 127 and Wayv, like how nice of moody boy right?"

Chaeyoung softened slightly at the newfound knowledge, realizing how much the boy really loved his members. She turned her head towards him, soft gaze lingering on him as she clasped her hands together, " didn't know you were so thoughtful," she said.

" Its nothing," he muttered out, rolling his eyes at the girl.
" Wait till you hear more! He definitely has a soft side, you just need to crack it open, and I'm pretty sure Chaeyoung would be able to do that," Chenle stated, ruffling the girl's hair.

" I'm sure Chaeyoung would love to hear more but we're here," Haechan announced, gaining everyone's attention.

Chaeyoung gulped down a lump in her throat as she looked at the already run down building, a barrier around it to prevent people from entering. She controlled her breathing, trying to calm her anxiety down.

" Hopefully nothing goes wrong, it won't, right?"

Sorry for not updating for like 6 days,, my procrastination at its finest,, i might update tmr too cause the next part is interesting hehe