51

Through windows that welcomed the passage of the light, the dining room was alive with the vibrant hues of midday

The dining room carried a happy vibe interwoven with the aroma of their meal together. Joy and laughter filled the air as everyone was preoccupied with their own conversations.

Chaeyoung stuffed a pancake into her mouth in hunger, nearly choking. " Woah eat slower, angel," Jaemin said, handing her some orange juice.

She nodded in gratitude before taking the cup and drinking from it.

Haechan nudged at Chenle's elbow cheekily giggling as he watched the scene between the two unfold.

" Oolala," Haechan whistled as a sound effect while Chenle lets out his dolphin laugh. Jaemin slapped their shoulders, giving them a warning gaze before turning back to eat his chocolate decorated pancake.

" Yo, Jaemin, want some strawberry yoghurt?" Chenle teased, holding up the cup of strawberry yoghurt to which Jaemin looked at in disgust.

" Want to die?" The irritated boy quipped, diverting his attention back to his food which is left untouched from the constant distraction from his annoyingly talkative members.

Chenle and Haechan laughed boisterously, somehow enjoying this a lot, which made a light chuckle elicit from Chaeyoung.

The positive atmosphere surrounding the air was contagious as a smile grazed on their lips.

They really are like one big family, Chaeyoung thought as she looked around the room, scanning everyone's faces until she felt something off.

" Where's Jisung?" She questioned, realising the boy's absence.

The rest only shrugged, seemingly not aware of the fact that the reserved boy was gone. " He is either at his room or at the hospital," Renjun answered, shrugging as if it was nothing out of the ordinary.

So Chaeyoung continued eating, accepting the fact that he wasn't there to eat.

A question lingered in her mind, yet she decided against voicing it out since it might be seen as sensitive but at the same time it left her curious.

Why would he go to the hospital?

Jaemin and Chaeyoung sat in the car, the boy drove with one hand on the steering wheel while his other hand was placed on his lap.

They had some light conversations but it was mostly quiet, a rather comfortable silence as Jaemin focused on driving.

When they reached, which took only about 5 minutes, they were met with a garden.

The garden was a shade brighter after the rain. It was as if the gift of the skies wasn't water, but liquid magic, washing the world to show what was there all along, nature in her humble brilliance.