49

The two sat in silence, it wasn't an awkward one, rather it was the kind that allowed them to enjoy each other's presence, connecting their hearts in some way

" Come here," Jaemin urged, breaking the silence as he gestured for Chaeyoung to lie on the bed with him, moving to the side to create some space.

She raised an eyebrow, shaking her head, " you're suppose to rest."

The boy whined, patting the empty spot in an attempt to annoy the girl. " Pretty please, I can't sleep without my angel," he begged.

" Geez, I seriously think there is something wrong with you, you aren't normally like this," Chaeyoung mumbled, giving in to his complaints and sliding into the spot beside him.

" That's better," the sick boy breathed, wrapping his unwounded arm around the girl and pulling her closer to him, resting his chin on the top of her head, taking in her scent.

" You act like we did this before," Chaeyoung said, embarrassed as she dug her face into his chest in hopes of hiding her crimson red cheeks.

" You act like we hadn't had these moments before," he muttered, eyes closed.

" Why do you even call me angel?"

" Cause you look as pretty as one," the boy answered, smiling to himself as he stroked her hair. " And when I first met you, you were so innocent and uncorrupted unlike me."

Chaeyoung nodded her head, his statement did nothing but made her cheeks go redder.

They cuddled in silence for the next few minutes, their hearts beating in sync at high rates, almost as if they were having a heart attack.

" Oh yeah, I almost forgot," Jaemin said as he opened his eye making Chaeyoung move back slightly to look up at him curiously.

The boy dugged his hand through his pocket, fishing out the mysterious portrait that he had found from the base.

He handed it over to Chaeyoung as she helped to uncrumple it. " I found this in a room that was like different from others," he explained. " It was pink and purple-ish, can't really remember the details cause my sexy face was at stake."

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at his joke before looking at the picture. Her eyes widened as she saw her mother, and a duplicate of her with her "dad" in the middle.

" Why is there two of my mom?" she questioned feeling her goosebumps rise at the image.

" No idea, but I felt like it seemed kinda weird so I thought I would just take it and ask Ten to check it out," Jaemin spoke.

" I was completely fine but now this is getting me creeped out," Chaeyoung shuddered, returning the portrait to the boy.

He wrapped his arms tigher around her, bringing her back close to him again.

His warmth enveloped her body like a blanket, a shield that protects her from danger, a safe place for her to stay in.

The two seemed to fit together like a puzzle piece, Jaemin's bigger figure cuddling Chaeyoung's perfectly. Their hearts beating in sync as if they were the same person.

Like they had always said," your soulmate is whom you are able to see the happier version of yourself in," and it felt like they had found that someone.

" Woah, oops, sorry, totally didn't mean to intrude," Mark awkwardly rambled, scratching the back of his neck as he walked backwards but more voices yelled from behind.

" Mark what are you doing? Go in!" Haechan shouted, pushing him.

" Haechan stop being so slow!" Renjun said.
" It's not me, its Mark!" Haechan argued back.

When it came to the dreamies, they seemed to rely on their ace on everything, so it wasn't a surprise when they entered the sick room piling on top of each other.

" Oh my poor Jaemin!" Haechan cooed as he used all his strength to push the others on top of him down, standing up and running towards the boy before pausing when his eyes fell upon the girl on the bed with him. " YO GUYS! I HAVE SOME THESIS HERE!"

" What's the tea sis?" Chenle immediately hopped to his feet and ran to the melanin boy who stood beside the bed. The rest came behind them, hair messed up from the chaos.

" Chaemin, I ship!" Chenle let out his dolphin scream, running around and shouting " Chaemin."

" Guys, can you keep it down," Jaemin whined, annoyed as his head pounded slightly from the noise. " Ya'll can't even walk without my guidance," he clicked his tongue.

" We were just very excited to meet you," Haechan exclaimed. " But seems like you didn't miss us," he pouted as he eyed the two.

" No I didn't, now you've seen me, you may leave!" Jaemin tried to chase them out.

" But we want to talk to the soft sick Jaemin who doesn't give us cold replies when he is injured!" Haechan whined, shaking the boy which made Chaeyoung move along too.

" What do you mean by soft sick Jaemin?" the girl asked, looking towards the cheery boy.

" Oh it's a Jaemin thing, for some reason when he is sick or injured he is super soft, cute and whines like a baby!" Haechan explained while the rest hummed in agreement.

Jaemin groaned, " there! You exposed me, now leave!" he insisted, pointing his chin towards the door.

" Ugh fine we will let you dense love birds have your alone time but we'll be coming back later!" Renjun said before waving and pushing them out of the room.

Haechan protested but Renjun happened to be strong for his size, pushing the annoying boy out without any difficulties.

" They really are a chaotic bunch."

i may or may not triple update today 😩