42

Darkness had already filled the sky, the moon taking the sun's place, shining brightly in the dark sky

Darkness had already filled the sky, the moon taking the sun's place, shining brightly in the dark sky. It was close to midnight yet the light to the room of the anxious boy still stayed on, the usual blue that lit his room.

He paced back and forth, sweat trickling down his forehead as his thoughts revolved around Chaeyoung. That same girl everytime.

He didn't know when it started but everything in his daily life started to be related to her. Even the smallest and most unrelated thing happened to remind him of her.

The sound of his never-ending pacing made Jeno find it impossible to sleep, putting his pillow on his head to cover his ears yet Jaemin's pacing just seemed to be too loud.

Groaning, the sleep deprived boy stood up from bed and dragged his feet to Jaemin's room. Opening the door and entering before closing the door behind him.

He sighed as he saw the troubled boy. " What's wrong?" He questioned, breaking the silent atmosphere making the latter stop his pacing.

Face blank, Jaemin shrugged, unsure of what to say. He couldn't remember when was the last time they had one of these kinds of conversations despite Jeno being his best friend.

" It's Chaeyoung isn't it," Jeno guessed, smiling slightly as Jaemin's eyes shot towards him. " Just tell me what's on your mind, maybe then you can sleep."

Jaemin sighed in defeat, lying down on his bed beside Jeno. " I'm just worried for her, what if they did something to her for the one night she is with them. What if they killed her already? What if something already happened to her?" He rambled.

Jeno placed a hand on his shoulder, making him stop his speech. " You care for her, don't you?" he inquired.

Silence invaded the room as a lump formed in Jaemin's throat preventing him from speaking a word. " I-I don't know," he managed to stutter out.

Jeno pressed his lips into a thin line, staring at the wall in front of him. " You're different around her, you know?" he said, looking back at the boy and sending him an eye smile.

" You smile a lot more now," Jeno commented. " You barely smiled after your mother's death, you know. But I'm glad she brought the old you back, at least almost."

Jaemin thought about it, the thought of the girl's smile unconsciously made his lips tug upwards. "Yes," he said making Jeno hum in confusion. " Yes, I do care for her."

Jeno began to fake a sob, bringing his hand up to his eyes and pretending to wipe invincible tears. " My baby is all grown up now," he sniffed.

" Idiot," Jaemin slapped his back, earning a groan from him.

The boy rubbed the spot that the other had hit, pouting slightly. " You ruined my sleep and I come here to give you advice and this is how you pay me back. What a good friend you are," Jeno sarcastically stated.

Jaemin rolled his eyes playfully, sitting up from the bed and turning to the boy. " Thanks for advicing...I guess..." he trailed off jokingly.

" Fine. I won't give you advices anymore," Jeno huffed, crossing his arms as if he was a kid asking for ice cream.

Jaemin chuckled, " thank you, really, but there's still something bugging me to be honest and I don't know what it is."

Jeno's eyes lit up, as if knowing what the boy was confused about. " I think I know what you mean," he quipped.

" What?"

" You like Chaeyoung, don't you?"

the bromance is real

btw i think i'll write shorter chapters now cause i don't want to care about my word count anymore and feel pressured hajansjan