18

Dumbfounded, the man stared back at the boy

Dumbfounded, the man stared back at the boy. Momentarily caught off guard, Jaemin made use of the opportunity and used the gun in his hand and shot the man square in his head.

The grip around the knife loosened as it dropped on the ground. The man's frail body fell onto the ground, dead.

" And, that's the last one," Jaemin stated, dusting his hands in a satisfied manner.

Chaeyoung stood frozen, a puddle of blood forming on the ground below her. Paralyzed, it was like she suddenly didn't know how to move anymore, like the knife was still grazing above her throat.

" Angel, let's go," Jaemin said, walking over to the girl. Just when he was about to grab her wrist, she flinched.

He looked at her, face blank as sobs left the girl's lips out of fear . Tears flowed down from her eyes like a waterfall, breaking down in front of the boy.

Chaeyoung stepped away from the blood, walking towards the wall with her vision clouded by her tears. She leaned against the wall, sliding down, bringing her legs up to her chest, hands covering her face as her sobs became muffled. Jaemin just watched her blankly, giving the girl space, standing opposite her with his arms crossed.

Her lips quivered, trying to escape from the terror and horror that came from the incident. Traumatized, images of the bloodied dead bodies flashed in her mind as she let out hopeless sobs.

Jaemin stared at her broken figure, feeling nostalgic as he watched her break down due to the dead bodies. She was just like him when he had first stumbled upon a dead body, the disgust and horror he felt. Eventually, he got used to it. Killing people like it was in his nature, doing what he was raised to do.

Maybe that was what provoked him to go up to the girl, lowering himself down to her level and patting her back lightly. Pulling her body closer to his, hugging her.

He stroked her hair comfortingly while she cried against his shoulder. " It's okay, I won't hurt you," he said, voice soft. The warmth emitting from his body brought Chaeyoung comfort and assurance, feeling herself calm down at the sound of his melodious voice.

" Just calm down angel," he comforted, soothingly raking his fingers through her smooth and silky hair. It felt like it was his instincts to do this, just like how his mother once comforted him. He knew exactly what to do in order to calm the girl down.

Jaemin found himself humming to the song that his mother had always sang, the one that brought him comfort. Chaeyoung swayed slightly to the melody as she listened to his honey-like voice hum out the tune mellifluously.

She tilted her head up, her brown hues staring up at the boy who looked peaceful humming the familiar song, the one that meant a lot to him. By the time he hummed till the end, he found himself looking down at the girl who had finally calmed down.

" The others are waiting for us, we need to go back," Jaemin said, trapping his bottom lip between his teeth as he looked away, pushing the girl off him gently. Chaeyoung nodded, standing up and turning around to walk back to the car that was awaiting them.

" Wait," The boy said, grabbing the girl's wrist as she halted. Chaeyoung turned around to look back at him, questioning his actions with a raised eyebrow.

" You're okay, right?"
" Yeah.."
" Okay, good," The boy said, scratching the back of his head awkwardly before letting go of the girl's wrist. He quickly walked pass her out of embarrassment, hiding his face as he brought his hood up leaving the girl to chuckle behind him.

" Cute."

" Now where were we before we were rudely interrupted by a mission?" Haechan asked with his eyes on the road as he drove the group back to the base.

" We were going to tell Chaeyoung more about Jaemin's soft spot!" Chenle exclaimed excitedly as he cleaned off the blood from his body- It wasn't his, it was the rivals'.

" Ah right, there was once when Jaemin was like really drunk and he was being all cute," Haechan said, reminiscing the times when they were still happy.

" He did way too many aegyos that day, it was cute but I was traumatized," Chenle states, shuddering as he shook his head to get rid of the scenes of the boy that wasn't much like him.

" Yah! Shut up, it was just once," Jaemin muttered out in annoyance, rolling his eyes as he crossed his arms and leaned back in his seat. Chenle eyed him, flashing him a teasing grin before he giggled as the annoyed boy glared at him, sending him daggers through his eyes.

" Oh my gosh can you guys just keep quiet, I'm trying to sleep," Jisung complained from the back, laying back in his seat with his eyes closed, not giving a care towards his surroundings.

" Exactly, listen to Jisung," Jaemin stated, gritting his teeth as he glared murderously towards the boy that was seated at the other side of Chaeyoung. Chenle shook his head at the boy, his carefree laugh erupting from him, his loud and dolphin-like laugh filled the air.

" Chenle, shut up." The boy seated at the back said, apathetic as he closed his eyes.

" Was he always like that?" Chaeyoung inquired, pointing towards the emotionless and downcast boy- more specifically, Jisung.

The others looked towards each other, not knowing how to answer the girl's question. She looked at them with curiosity yet at the same time confused by their hesitance. Her eyes scanning each of them as they opened and closed their mouth in sync, like they wanted to say something but yet they couldn't.

" Well, lets just say his life is problematic," Renjun concluded.
" What about his life?"

Jisung clicked his tongue as he sat up as he stared back at the girl who had her head turned back. His eyes devoid of any emotions- much like how Jaemin's were but his were much darker, intense. He opened his mouth as the next few words flowed out dark and dangerous.

" My life is none of your business."

thought I'd add some alexithymia references here ;)

But Jaemin do be having a soft spot ;)

and I'm sorry for not updating in so long I procrastinate too much.