37

Dull clouds covered all the bright and blue ones, water droplets grew heavy as they started to drop down onto earth

The cool wind blew as Chaeyoung shivered, rubbing her hands together to obtain some form of warmth from the friction.

The sound of the droplets hitting the rooftop somewhat brought her to a state of tranquility, allowing her heart to beat at a steady rhythm and her mind come to a rest.

But that didn't stop her goosebumps from waking as the group came face to face with her birth place; her old house.

Her mind played all the bittersweet memories there, most of her mother. Memories of her father being vague, rarely meeting him which she now knew the reasons why.

The building looked abandoned - is abandoned - cobwebs invaded the walls, furniture dusty while the smell of the uncleaned house of more than 10 years infiltrated their noses, stale and musty.

The wooden floor creaked as they stepped foot inside, reverberating through their ears. Jaemin entered first, turning the flashlight on and pointing it around the house, inspecting the area before using his other hand and gesturing for the others to come in.

" Well, I don't know what I expected, but of course it would be this," - Haechan said, placing his hand on a mini table making it fall apart due to the unstability - " demolished?" he ended, unsure of the word to describe the place.

Chaeyoung looked around, pointing the light towards the stairs that led up. Everything was just like how she remembered it, probably a little different due to the skulls searching through the apartment but other than that, everything else remained.

" My parents' room was upstairs so the vault should be there," Chaeyoung spoke, about to walk towards the stairs until Jaemin grabbed her wrist, bringing her to a halt as her wrist tingled from the contact.

" Wait, I'm following you," he started, his expression serious. " Haechan and Chenle, you two guard the house outside, alert us at the first sign of danger. Jeno and Renjun, the two of you search the first floor to see if there is anything important," Jaemin instructed before the boys all simultaneously walked away and got into their positions as if it was a daily routine.

Jaemin and Chaeyoung walked up the stairs before being greeted by a dark hallway, it wasn't too long like the one at the base.

" My parents' room was that one," Chaeyoung said, pointing at the first door to the right. She walked towards it, raising her hand to open the door until Jaemin stopped her.

" You stay behind me, I'll make sure it's safe then we can go in," he softly spoke, placing his hand on Chaeyoung's and putting it back to her side.

The boy slowly twisted the door knob open, pointing his torchlight inside to look around.

The sound of droplets of rain hitting the window grew more vibrant as they edged closer towards the window inside the room.

The two went in, immediately spotting the vault that laid at the corner of the room.