41

The air grew heavy, Jaemin stood there feeling as if shards of glass pierced through his skin, cutting through his heart

Staring back into his enemy's intense gaze, who had a smug smirk plastered onto his face as if to say that " he won the battle."

Jaemin unconsciously clenched his fist, his nails digging into his palm that it would have been a surprise if it wasn't bleeding by then.

Chaeyoung sat there, her ears perked up due to her vision being blocked by the blindfold. Her heart picked up at the silence, tears pricking at the corners of her eyes, threatening to fall.

Her surroundings blurry through the material of the blindfold, only being able to see figures standing around.

Small whimpers escaped from her lips, her wrists turning red from how tightly the rope was tied, her legs aching from sitting down.

" Its funny how you thought the folder had any use," he spoke, feigning a yawn as he waved his hand. " But that's fine cause I can just tell you its contents right here right now."

Jaemin scoffed, face blank as he blinked at the man. He subtly lifted his hand, gripping on the handle of the gun that hung on his waistband.

" It just says the ways to beat us to get to the top by my beloved dead wife," he went on, as if proud of his achievement. " Everything that had happened was a set-up and its funny how you all don't realise it."

Jaemin scanned the area, completely not giving the opposition's speech any attention. Examining his enemy's positions, searching for an error in their attack.

However, his mind was half distracted, heart aching at the sound of the girl's wailing. Yet, his face stayed stoic, devoided of emotions so that others wouldn't know what he was thinking.

He was normally quick-witted, being able to think of loopholes in the matter of seconds yet that skill seemed to diminish after the amount of distractions Chaeyoung had provided to him.

Why are they all in perfect positions? Jaemin cursed softly, tightening the grip on his gun. Somehow, Chaeyoung's father - Jinyoung - saw the boy's slight movement.

" You can't get out of this, don't move or i'll shoot," he spat, raising his gun and pointing it towards Chaeyoung's skull in one swift movement.

Jaemin's expression faltered slightly but he was quick to fix it back, letting go of the gun and placing his hands back to his sides.

Maybe if Chaeyoung had control over her powers she would have been able to knock them all out, but Jaemin had that off the list of choices after watching the way the girl uncontrollably cried. Her concentration wouldn't be able to do much or even use her abilities.

" Then why don't I propose a deal," Jaemin said, attempting to negotiate. Jinyoung's ears perked up, raising an eyebrow as he watched the boy, giving a signal to say " go on".

" Clearly, we both hate each other so I challenge you to a duel," the boy starts, pointing his index finger towards the other. " If you win, you can keep your daughter and kill me but if I win, I simply get to kill you."

Chaeyoung felt her heart clenching at the boy's words. " No, don't," she whimpered softly. Doubts filling her mind, what if he doesn't make it alive?

She would never forgive herself thats for sure.

Jinyoung seemed to think about it before he dropped the gun down from the girl's head. " Fair enough," he nodded, " but I get to hold her captive for now."

Jaemin felt a lump in his throat grow before he forced it down and barely managing to utter a proper "sure."

He subconsciously clenched his fist as he stared into his enemy's wicked look. " Very well then, you all at our base tomorrow night," Jinyoung states.

" Game on."

this was kinda short but this book gonna end soon :((( i will miss this book a lot HAHA

update: i found out i alr gave chaeyoung's dad a name and it actually was Jinyoung HAHA MY MEMORY-