35

Afternoon soon turned to night, the sun setting as the moon rose

Afternoon soon turned to night, the sun setting as the moon rose. A poetry of stars decorating the night sky while the crescent moon hung in the middle like a silvery claw. The sky was aglow by the bright city lights, the toxic air from cars dimming the stars, as if draining life out of it.

Jaemin and Chaeyoung had stayed in the ability training room, nibbling on snacks and just hanging out like normal human beings which made Chaeyoung realise how despite them being mafias with a dangerous job they were still normal people like her.

The rest of the dream members entered to the room one by one at different timings, all having agreed to do the mind probing there.

As each of time came, joining the two by the bean bags and happily chatting together. " Where's Jeno?" Haechan asked after checking the group's attendence.

It was as if on cue, Jeno entered through the door. His forehead sheen with a layer of sweat, chewing on his lower lip, as if he was nervous - except that he was nervous.

Chaeyoung walked up to him, swinging an arm around his shoulder, tip-toeing slightly due to how tall he was. " Don't be nervous, we're all here and we believe in you, we will all make sure that you won't get lost, I promise," the girl reassured, sounding like a motivational speaker with her long and lengthy speech.

Chaeyoung sat on the chair in front of the bean bags as the rest sat in front of her, munching on food as if whatever that was about to happen was something being played in the movie theatre.

Jeno walked and stood beside her, taking in a deep breath. " Whenever you're ready," Chaeyoung said, eyes holding softness in them as she looked into his eyes which made him calm down a little.

Taking one final breath, he raised his hand, gently placing his index and middle finger on her temple. He imagined his consciousness flowing from his mind through his arm and entering her mind like opening a door.

It wasn't anything like he thought, her mind fluffier and brighter than when he trained and entered Jaemin's.

Her emotions were classified into sections, which wasn't like what he normally saw, other minds having been a mixture of everything and impossible to figure out quickly what emotions was which.

Chaeyoung, can you hear me? He said mentally, sending the message to her brain like a gust of wind.

Oh wow that's cool.
Its nothing, really, you might feel some poking but don't panic its just me probing, okay? He warned.

Okay. Go ahead and do what you're suppose to do to find the clue.

And with that, Jeno started to follow a dark alleyway of her mind, dropping himself deeper and deeper into her consciousness and into the memories that were at the back of her mind; buried like how a dead body would be in a tomb.

It felt much colder there, all her fears and abandoned memories surrounding him. He scanned through each one, but none seemed to be of use.

He jumped off, as if it was some platform which led him from one memory to another - just that he was falling deeper and deeper into her darkest memories.

He tried to stop, only to be pulled down by a current of some sort. He panicked as he fell down, down, down, deeper and deeper as if it was never ending. Until finally he reached the bottom, and all he saw was a distorted and blurry memory.

It seemed to be more of erased than buried though, but who in the world could erase memories?

He watched closely, assuming that it was Chaeyoung and her mother in front of...the vault? He thought.

" My little princess, this vault contains all the information I've accumulated and all the answers you would need in the future," the older woman explained to the little girl which seemed to be about 7 years old back then.

" Okay momma!" The young girl said innocently, glancing up at her mother that she dearly loved.

" Now we need your blood, sweat and tears to make sure no one else can open it," her mother explained, easily getting sweat from her daughter's forehead and wiping some tears from her eyes after telling her to think of something sad.

" We need your blood now," her mother said, holding a needle as she grabbed her daughter's finger with her other hand. " It'll be just a prick okay? It won't hurt."

And with that, she got the blood.

" Now which order should we put it? Blood, tears or sweat first?" Her mother asked the younger girl who seemed to still be hurt by the prick but eyes immediately lighting up at her mother's question.

" Oo, I thi-" The 7 year old Chaeyoung started while her mother walked behind her, turning around as if knowing that Jeno was there - or maybe she did cause right after, the memory shattered into pieces.

No! Shit, what the hell? Jeno thought to himself as the memory got cut off and he felt himself floating back up to the surface.

His eyes shot open as he pulled back from the girl, falling onto the floor with his eyes widened as he panted hard. Sweat trickled down his forehead as he felt his whole body grow numb.

" Jeno! Are you okay?" Jaemin asked, running up and squatting down beside him.

" S-she," Jeno stuttered out as he pointed to Chaeyoung, looking at her with horror in his eyes while Chaeyoung looked at him, confused and worried.

" What? Spill it, nono," Haechan urged.

" She shattered the memory, like she was hiding the code," Jeno said, taking a few deep breaths to calm himself down.

" But I didn't do anything, I couldn't even feel anything happening except for when you talked to me in my head," Chaeyoung said, confused by his words.

" No, not you, your mom," Jeno clarrifed. " Your mom shattered the memory as if she knew I was there."

last one hehe I might mass update again tmr :3 I did 5 today bE pRoUd now time to watch true beauty~