25

It was frustrating, constantly hearing the same thing over and over again made Chaeyoung feel like she wasn't able to do it

The burden weighing down on her shoulders like a ton of bricks.

Her hair messed up which made it look like a bird nest, her forehead creased as a visible tint of black covered the area right below her eyes.

She was just told about her mission yesterday – and also told to be prepared yet here she was, being the complete opposite of what you call 'prepared'

She couldn't help but panic, it wasn't just anyone she was going to distract – it was her father, the one she thought was dead.

The thought of it made her stay up the whole night, trying to think of what she would say, yet, all she got was nothing.

Chaeyoung sat on her bed, rocking back and forth as she stared into space as if she was possessed by a demon – which in this case, she very much would like to be so that she wouldn't have to anything and just let the demon control her.

She didn't even realise how the sun had already made its appearance. The first rays of sunlight seeping into her room, lighting it up with its bright glow.

Jaemin peeked into her room – not that he was doing it cause he was worried about her or anything – his eyes glanced at the girl who looked like she had just came from hell and back.

He quietly entered, closing the door behind him before walking towards the dazed girl.

His eyes scanned Chaeyoung's figure, from her untamed hair to her seemingly "dead" body. " Well, you look...awful," Jaemin spoke, making the girl flinch at his sudden presence.

" When did you come in?"
" Just," Jaemin simply answered. His eyebrows furrowed as he watched her yawn, his eyes immediately catching sight of the dark circles right below her chocolate hues. " Did you get any sleep?"

" Nope," Chaeyoung shook her head as another yawn escaped from her lips.

" When I told you to be ready, this," Jaemin paused, his eyes going over her figure once before continuing, " was not what I meant."

Chaeyoung sighed, " I know, I'm just worried I would do something wrongly and couldn't sleep." Leaning back on her bed, she groaned in frustration, " and i'm still not done worrying."

Jaemin stayed quiet, nodding as his eyes studied the girl. He didn't know what to say or do – he very much understood how she felt but when it came to comforting, he wasn't one for it.

" So why are you here?" Chaeyoung finally asked, awkwardly glancing at the boy whom was looking at her like she was an experiment of some sort.

" Right," he cleared his throat, " I came cause we need to choose your outfit for the party, we need you to stand out you know."

" Stand out, right," Chaeyoung muttered out, sitting up – much like how she was previously positioned. " I can't do this, how do you do this everytime don't you feel worried you mess up or anything," she rambled, ruffling her hair making it messier than it was – if that was even possible.

Jaemin hummed which somehow instantly became one of Chaeyoung's favourite sounds in the world. His voice melodious, deep yet sweet like honey, she'd listen to him hum all day if she could – but she definitely didn't like him or anything, at least that was what she thought.

" Just because you mess up doesn't mean it couldn't be fixed," he said, sitting down next to her, starting another one of his " Jaemin wise words talk and lectures " – which surprisingly did help her the last time despite him not knowing how to comfort others.

" Besides, you have the rest to back you up, they'll be right there with you just that they're hidden," he continued, his hand having the urge to massage the crease on Chaeyoung's forehead.

" But what if it doesn't work out.."
" Then we evacuate and come up with another plan," Jaemin simply responds.

" I have no idea what to say to my dad, he- he's suppose to be dead!" Chaeyoung croaked out, eyes panickingly glancing at the boy beside her as she fidgetted with her fingers.

" I don't know what to say about that but all I can tell you is, you'll know what to do once you're there," Jaemin snaked a hand behind her back, patting it gently in an attempt to comfort her.

" But what if I don't! What if I just freeze and-"
" It's called instincts, angel. You'll know what to do when it happens, everything will come out on its own," Jaemin softly said, his thumb unconsciously drawing circles on Chaeyoung's back.

" Can't you guys at least give me a script of what to say to distract him?"
" Sometimes it's best when everything comes naturally especially if you meet your father again after a long time. I promise it'll be okay so stop worrying, angel," Jaemin calmly stated, retracting his hand back to his side.

" Okay," Chaeyoung breathed out, finding a level of calmness after talking to the boy.

" So now one problem at a time. And first, we need to find you a perfect dress."

its 3am and i really wanted to update cause i left yall for a week shit i suck

I swear i'll mass update once I get my keyboard for my ipad hehe