47

A cold night, a lucid moon, heaven's eyes shine in the black as divine watchful mother

The beautiful sight of the stars glistening upon the night sky, it was the promise of life in the darkness, a sense of warmth springing form the cold.

The tranquil scenary juxtaposed with the situation they were in, staring at the destruction in front of them rather than the beauty above.

As the last bomb went off, the base was left completely destroyed. Dust polluted the air, making them cough to clear their lungs.

Everyone stood in silence, staring at the debris from the shattered building. They all simultaneously searching for something - or someone.

A few minutes passed, the person they were hoping to appear miraculously seemingly, gone, dead beneath the mess.

" I...Is he really gone?" Chaeyoung quietly asked, voice cracking slightly, on the verge of crying.

" Doesn't seem like he's coming anytime soon," Taeyong says, sounding uneffected by the loss of his member. " Lets just go."

" No! He promised that he'll come back safely," Chaeyoung fought, tears escaping from her eyes.

The skulls had all left by now, leaving the gang standing there watching the base that had been bombed by them.

And the fact that no one would have made it made the hope that Jaemin is alive, diminish into nothing.

" Jinyoung officially died, and Jaemin... died too," Taeyong announced, voice getting softer towards the end, not wanting to face the reality himself.

Dreamies stood at one side, tears pooling down their faces, they were closest to him after all - except for the emotionless Jisung. It wasn't a common sight to see mafia members crying all at once.

" He isn't dead...he can't be dead," Chaeyoung mumbled to herself, trying to convince that the boy was still somewhere under there, breathing.

She walked forward, as much as it seemed like a stupid and embarrassing plan, she continued on with it. " Jaemin!" She shouted, hoping to get a response of some sort, whether it was a little bit of movement from the mess.

" Jaemin!" She shouted again, and repeated it as she walked around the mess to check for any holes or areas thatw as still completely fine after the explosion.

" Jaemin!" Chaeyoung's voice slowly turned softer, tears blurring her vision as she tried to call out for the boy.

But all hope seemed to vanish as everything remained still, the rest of the members just watched the girl as she desperately held on to the last strand of hope.

But hoping just wasn't enough.

" I think to come here you have to go from the entrance all the way at the other side and walk to the door."