46

Everyone stared at Jinyoung in bewilderment, the omnipotent leader fell on the ground, grabbing his head in pain

Everyone stared at Jinyoung in bewilderment, the omnipotent leader fell on the ground, grabbing his head in pain. Cries of agony escaping from his lips, closing his eyes in an attempt to ease the pain.

" Stop it stop it stop it," he repeatedly murmured as he clutched onto a bundle of hair.

Jaemin raised an eyebrow as he watched the wailing man on the ground. " I didn't do anything though," he mumbled to himself, hand still covering his wound to stop the blood from gushing out.

His eyes trailed over the crowd, the boisterous skulls members being all loud as they watch their leader in pain - completely not bothering to help him or check whether he was okay.

Jaemin's eyes reached the girl who watched her father in pain, as if surprised. That was when he realised it is most probably Chaeyoung inflicting pain.

Since when did she learn to do that though, he thought. Raking his eyes over her to see whether she was fine after using her powers, and it seemed like she had no issue with it at all unlike Chenle.

Her eyes came into contact with his, making him look away as he realised he was staring. Gazing back at his enemy that continued to lay on the ground, he felt a sense of triumph.

" Giving up already?" Jaemin taunted as he tilted his head to the side.

" Screw you and you- ouch! powers-" Jinyoung choked out as he felt another wave of pain cutting through him, invading his entire body.

" Oh well then I win now give back Chaeyoung," Jaemin concluded, coldly gazing into the latter's eyes as a warning to give him his part of the deal.

" How bout a no," Jinyoung responds, feeling the pain slowly go away. He waved his hand at his assistant as if signalling something, which he did.

Cause the next moment the skulls members were suddenly charging at them with knives and guns.

" Shit, start the bombs!" Taeyong instructed. Everyone immediately got into position and started to fight back.

It was pretty obvious which gang was better as you watched the skulls all falling in pain of the wounds they had given.

The war that occurred was the least of Jaemin's worries though, he rushed towards the place where Chaeyoung was held captive.

Seeing the boy appear in front of her gave her a sense of security, knowing that everything would be fine with him close to her, trusting that he could save her.

" Are you okay, angel?" He asked as he scanned the area to find the opening into the room.

" Yeah," Chaeyoung said as she gave him a small smile which made Jaemin calm down slightly. He looked around but the room seemed to be closed off.

" I think to come here you have to go from the entrance all the way at the other side and walk to the door...its quite far though," she said, her confidence wavering at the thought that she might actually not have a chance to come out alive.

Suddenly, a loud crash sounded, vibrating through their ears. The first bomb exploded. The ceiling fell and dropped onto the ground, dust infiltrating Jaemin's nose making him cough.

Screams were heard as the skulls started to evacuate, panicking while they scurried towards the exit. " A bomb will go off every minute from now!" Taeyong shouted to them over the noise.

" Fuck we don't have time," Jaemin cursed, impatiently stomping his feet.

He was in charge of getting the girl out, he had to, he started everything in the first place. The rest started to evacuate as the skulls members dwindled, some dead while others left to seek safety.

" It's okay, you can leave without me," Chaeyoung stated, smiling at the boy in assurance.

" Jeno!" He yelled for his friend, signalling for him to come over. " Promise me that you will help me get Chaeyoung away from here and have her home safely," Jaemin desperately said as he looked at Jeno.

" How bout you?"

" I'll find a way out just bring her back safely first," Jaemin begged while Jeno nodded, not even knowing what his plan was.

Jaemin took out a bomb that he had snuck from his pocket, placing it as far away from Chaeyoung as possible but enough to break the glass.

" Stand back!" he warned, taking out the control and setting the timer. " 3..2..1..boom," he mumbled.

Right when the bomb exploded, the glass pieces shattered into pieces. The desperate boy didn't waste a second to run over to Chaeyoung, hastily using his knife and cutting away her bonds.

" Hurry and go to Jeno!" He yelled, pushing her towards his friend. His eyes stared at the ceiling that threatened to topple down on them.

" But what about you?" She asked, feeling her heart aching at the thought of the boy not making it.
" I promise i'll come back safely, now hurry!"

The girl immediately obeyed and ran as fast as she could out of the room. Jaemin smiled at the sight of her being safe with his friend before his view got blocked by the ceiling falling down right in front of him, the walls crumbling at the same time.

" Jaemin!" Chaeyoung yelled, her eyes watering as the figure of the boy disappeared through the debris.

And then another bomb exploded right beside the spot. " N..no.." Chaeyoung stuttered as tears trickled down her face.

" We have to go before the exit gets exploded," Jeno urged, pushing the girl towards the exit.

" B..but what about Jaemin?" the girl worriedly asked, seeking for comfort and reassurance from the boy.

" He promised he would come back alive, didn't he?" Jeno comforted, or at least tried to. The girl remained unconvinced as they exited the hall and ran towards the exit of the base.

" What if he doesn't..." she muttered, doubts flooding her mind as she felt herself getting nauseous.

" I'm sure he will," Jeno tried to be as assuring as he can, but it seemed more like he was trying to convince himself too.

" He is nct's ace after all."

oh well we do be reaching the end soon 😩