11

The walk to the dining room was silent, not a single word spoken between the two

The walk to the dining room was silent, not a single word spoken between the two. As they got to the dining room, loud laughter came from inside,  melodious and carefree.

It might have been normal for Jaemin but Chaeyoung had expected nothing like this.

She thought it would be quiet, the atmosphere tense as they ate in silence but it was the complete opposite.

Laughter filled the air as everyone joked around, different conversations among different groups as they ate. Despite being in a mafia group that killed others, at that moment it felt like they were all...family.

Everything came to a halt when Chaeyoung and Jaemin entered, their heads all turned towards them, eye-ing the two.

" Uh..hi-?" Chaeyoung spoke timidly, fidgetting with her fingers, " I'm..uh...c..chaeyoung.." she trailed off.

" I would introduce everyone but you probably won't remember so it's useless," Taeyong said, gesturing to the crowd, " but there's 21 of us."

Jaemin walked to his seat at a group which looked like the younger teenaged boys to Chaeyoung.

She awkwardly stood there before she saw a boy excitedly pointing towards the seat beside him, " Chaeyoung here! Here! Come sit with us." he exclaimed, practically jumping in his seat.

She walked over, once in awhile bowing to the others in respect. She sat down stiffly as a huge plate of food was placed in front of her.

" So! I'm Haechan, that is our maknae Jisung, then Chenle, Jeno, Renjun, the eldest, Mark and finally the one you already probably know our cold ace, Jaemin!" He introduced, a bright, welcoming smile on his face.

" Ace?" Chaeyoung said in a questioning tone, completely unaware about how the mafia world worked.

" Ace is basically the best of the best around here," Jeno explained, " and Jaemin over here, he can do everything, he shoots and throws accurately, ohh the best is when he slits throats so accurately, like it's amazing to watch."

A disgusted look flashed on the girl's face listening to the way he spoke so happily towards the end. " How is slitting throats amazing," she commented, " I saw him do it once, it's disgusting."

" You're just too innocent for it," Jaemin stated, chewing on his food.

" And that's why we need to take even more care of this baby over here," Haechan said, ruffling her hair, " what are you doing, hurry up and eat."

All of them ate, joked around and talked allowing Chaeyoung to feel relaxed and comfortable.

Soon, eveyone slowly left the room, going back to their own bedrooms to wash up and sleep, leaving only with the dreamies left at their dining table.

" Okay I'm tired, bye~" Chenle yawned before waving and walking back to his room, the others followed suit.

" Come on, I'll take you back," Jaemin mumbled, gesturing towards Chaeyoung to follow him.

They walked back, a comfortable silent atmosphere between the two.

Just before Chaeyoung entered her room, Jaemin stopped her, grabbing her hand and sliding a phone in, " Its a new phone, your old phone is being kept for safety, my number is inside, you can call me when you need me — don't — anyways, bye." He said emotionlessly before entering his room.

Chaeyoung entered hers, the phone gripped tightly in her hand.

She looked at it, taken aback for some reason as she saw the one contact inside. " Don't call me, i'm useless," the contact said, making the girl chuckle to herself.

She did her usual routine and slept, entering her dreamland with a small smile on her face.

I procrastinated a lot for this probably because it's boring af 🥱