8

The elevator continued to drop, like a boat sinking into the ocean or when you drop from the highest part of a roller coaster

The elevator continued to drop, like a boat sinking into the ocean or when you drop from the highest part of a roller coaster. It wasn't as intense but it still made Chaeyoung feel sick like when she were to ride on roller coasters.

The question lingering in the air, one that the boy didn't give a response to as he stood still. He didn't spare her a glance as he continued to look blankly at the wall. Awkwardness invading the atmosphere as the two stood in silence.

The elevator ride that was suppose to last for seconds felt like days, Chaeyoung spending every second wishing to be out of this situation.

" I know everything and one thing you should know is to never ask questions." He spoke coldly, eyes narrowing at the girl. She felt shivers creeping down her spine as she listened to his ice cold voice.

Before she could utter a word, the doors of the elevator opened. It wasn't grand but it was definitely not what Chaeyoung had thought their base would look like.

The light from the ceiling shone brightly, illuminating the whole room with brightness. A long table stood at the center of the room, blue chairs surrounding it. It would look like an ordinary room with just tables and chairs but when she entered, a transparent door at the end of the room led to a hallway with a dozen more doors.

It looked confusing but that wasn't her major concern, instead it was the 20 different eyes piercing right through her. She cowered under their stare, feeling goosebumps rise. " They're handsome though," she thought, before shaking her head slightly, shoving it to the back of her mind.

She stood rooted to the ground before getting pushed by Jaemin. He rolled his eyes in annoyance before walking to his seat, leaving Chaeyoung alone, awkwardly standing in front of everyone.

" So you're Chaeyoung I presume." Taeyong said. The girl nodded her head, hopelessly cooperating with them. Their eyes all on her as her whole body shook in fear. She rather be left in the elevator with the stone cold boy instead of being left alone under 21 eyes.

" You know why you're here right?" Taeyong asked.

" Nah, she doesn't know shit, just another idiot." Jaemin commented, his arms folded as he leaned back towards the chair, his eyes landing on the girl for a second before closing them back again.

" No I don't." Chaeyoung finally managed to say, voice dripping with hatred towards the boy.

" Well then, guess we'll have to explain it to you," Taeyong said, clasping his hands together. " Ten, you know what to do, the rest, leave." Everyone slowly stood up and made their way out of the room. There was left with her, Taeyong and the boy who held onto an ipad.

The black-haired boy clicked on it before a big screen appeared on the table. Faces of people spread out across the screen, red lines drawn from one to another. " So you probably already know that someone was after you." Taeyong started, standing up and walking towards the amused girl.

" It's not just anyone, it was a member of our rival gang." He spoke as Ten showed a picture of the logo. " They are called the skulls, the second best mafia gang right after us, NCT." He continued, grabbing Chaeyoung's wrist gently, pulling her towards the center.

He tapped on the screen and the logo evaporated, back to the first screen she saw. Taeyong clicked the screen again and all the pictures evaporated, leaving one face that was way too familiar for Chaeyoung to not recognise.

" You know who this is right?" Taeyong questioned.

" M...my father, b...but what does he have to do with all this? He is already dead." Chaeyoung stuttered, momentarily nervous for what was about to be spoken out of the boy's mouth.

" Listen, what I'm going to say might be shocking but your father...well..." the boy hesitated for a bit before finishing, " he's alive."

" What do you mean he's alive? He was in a drunk driving accident!" Chaeyoung raised her voice, refusing to believe it.

" Trust me Chaeyoung, he's alive."
" What proof do you even have?! I don't even know you why should I believe you." The girl spoke, feeling tears pricking at the corners of her eyes.

" Listen to me and tell me. Did you really see an incident? Was there any news about it? Was there even an accident? Most importantly, was there even a body?" The boy's words hit her like a ton of bricks, she felt her whole body trembling, a stray tear escaping from her eyes.

" No." She responded, a single word that weighed tons.

hope this makes up for my long period of not updating 💀 this was just a break from studying so