27

It felt like a déjà vu as Chaeyoung sat in the car with the dreamies to drive to the destination for their mission

The only difference was that she didn't feel as anxious as the last time. The atmosphere in the car lively and cheerful as if they weren't on another one of those dangerous you-might-die-today missions.

They all remained calm - at least Chaeyoung tried to, reminding herself about what Jaemin had said to her as an attempt to calm herself down.

They'll all be there, don't worry if you mess up. She thought, chanting it over and over again in her mind.

She tugged at her dress, feeling the need to fiddle with it to calm her insides down - which didn't really help much.

Jaemin noticed it, furrowing his eyebrows. " Your dress is gonna get wrinkled if you keep doing that." He said before turning back to look out the window, completely oblivious to the reason why you even did it.

" Oh...right." Chaeyoung mumbled, eventually letting go of her dress and resulted in clasping her hands together such that she won't do anything with it.

" How long more till we get there, i'm impatient." Chenle kept asking, tired of sitting inside the car - it was more like a van though.

" Around 30 minutes, now stop asking." Haechan answered, annoyed.

Chaeyoung stared out the window, trying to keep her mind off the mission but to no avail as anxious thoughts about messing up clouded her mind, torturing it mercilessly.

Her energy getting drained by it, her eyes slowly turned droopy before closing fully, lulling her into deep slumber.

The boy beside her glanced at her, like how he had been doing ever since they had left the base - not because he was worried about her but because he found that dress...revealing not like the others she tried weren't but this one was just more than average.

It was those black, lacey kinds, it was off shoulder and fell right above her knees.

It had some intricate flower designs at the bottom which made the dress stand out slightly more than the rest.

If he were to say the truth, Chaeyoung looked pretty in all of them, way too pretty.

He had to forcefully tear his eyes away from staring at her figure everytime in order to keep his cool.

Really, he hadn't been seeing which was the best and would stand out the most - cause each of them stood out being worn by her.

Instead, he looked at which one was the least revealing but Johnny was probably watching one of those fashion shows one sunny day and watched those models with basically a body of a goddess wearing revealing dresses and bought them.

If the process had been like that, Jaemin wasn't surprised.

He saw the glint in Chaeyoung's eyes when she had worn that specific dress. Despite the way it was actually the most revealing one he had seen so far, he couldn't help but say yes.

Something about the way her eyes lit up and her lips forming into a smile as her eyes crinkled gave a foreign feeling to Jaemin.

It all seemed to be worth it when she had hugged him.

A soft knock against the window made Jaemin snap out of his thoughts, realising that he had been staring at the girl all along brought a tint of red to his cheeks.

Noticing her uncomfortable position as her head continuously fell against the window as she slept, Jaemin brought a hand to the side of her head, slowly directing her to lean against his shoulder.

Why was he doing it? He didn't know either but what he knew was his pounding heart and the soft snores that came out of her lips.

filler chapter(?)

ah i shall stop caring about the number of words i write in a chapter and just write 🤠🔫