24

" Seriously, I've met and fought with your father many times, he's merciless okay? Believe me, angel

" Seriously, I've met and fought with your father many times, he's merciless okay? Believe me, angel." Jaemin said, laying back on Chaeyoung's soft bed - for some reason it felt more comfortable than his own.

The two had shifted onto her bed after the conversation, Jaemin teaching the girl some basics in order to open her mind.

At the same time, he explained everything that the dreamies were able to do and how it all worked, purposely avoiding his own.

Even he himself was scared of his own ability, wishing it wasn't something that was a part of him - that was why he barely used it even though it would be helpful if he did.

The rest of the dreamies barely used their abilities too, not exactly fond of it being a part of them but they definitely used it more often than Jaemin. In fact, Jaemin had probably used his once, and that was it.

Chaeyoung breathed in and out, nodding her head as she finally accepted the it. She spent hours denying everything, unable to believe the reality of her world - but really, it just did her no good, it might have been her motivation but she decided that she was done with everything.

" I think it'll be easier for you to accept it if you went to meet him yourself, to be honest," Jaemin muttered out.

" Then bring me with you guys!"
" No. We aren't sneaking you in, that would get you killed but an invitation wouldn't - even though there is a possibility but, you get what I mean, they're our enemies." He said, eyes trailing over to the laptop left on the desk, the one that Chaeyoung's boss had given to the gang. " We have two."

Chaeyoung followed his eyes before realising he was looking at the laptop that she hadn't worked on in a while.

" You mean there are 2 invitations in there?"
" Jeno read one of their minds during the mission yesterday and found out that the first file had the invitations." Jaemin explained, watching as the girl hurriedly went to take the laptop and open it.

She sat back onto the bed as she felt a surge of determination to get pass the security and hack into the file. " I just have 2 levels left, it should be quick.." Chaeyoung trailed off as she vigorously typed codes into the laptop, tongue sticking out slightly as trickles of sweat glistened on her forehead.

" Wait, I just realised you never told me what you could do," Chaeyoung said, stopping for a second to look at the boy before going back to hacking.

" Well, it's highly classified information but it's definitely nothing fun," he mumbled out, raking his fingers through his hair.

" Well, now you made me more curious."
" It's seriously none of your business, angel." he groaned, closing his eyes as he shoved the thought of his own ability to the back of his mind.

" Okay then why do you call me angel?" Chaeyoung asked, genuinely curious as she silently cheered as she managed to hack into the second last level - leaving one last one left.

" Cause you look like one," Jaemin flirted, sending her a wink when her eyes shot towards him.

" Didn't know you were the type to flirt."
" Well, there is a lot you don't know about me," he pointed out, sitting up before leaning towards the girl, eyes examining the screen of the laptop that genuinely surprised him when he couldn't understand any of the codes.

" I didn't really think you were that approachable or the fun type with your cold exterior," she countered.

" Understandable, but I'm not that cold - you should see Jisung - I just don't trust easily," Jaemin corrected.

Right when he was about to say something else, Chaeyoung suddenly hugged him. " Finally! I'm done with this file," she exclaimed, peeling herself away before showing the boy the laptop's screen that clearly showed the two invitations.

Jaemin quietly chuckled at the girl's actions, watching as she happily celebrated. " By the way, we decided this just now during breakfast when you weren't listening," he spoke, pulling the girl back onto the bed, holding her still from all her bouncing and jumping - nearly making him worried that she was going to hit the ceiling or break the bed.

" Since this mission was appointed to us, I decided that me and you would go in, our main goal is the file, I was thinking that you will be the distraction while I go grab them, the rest would be disguising themselves in the crowd in case of any emergencies." Jaemin explained the whole plan while Chaeyoung listened attentively.

" A member from every mafia group around the world would be there, it's a really big thing so it's important to stay lowkey," he stated, staring deep into the girl's eyes, making sure that he had her attention.

" I don't think anyone knows that the file is there but we found out due to various reasons," Jaemin continued. " It contains every information we need, no, every mafia group needs."

" I really hate it that we need you there, you don't even know how to do it but apparently you could once you face everything," the boy vaguely spoke, making the girl confused.

" What can I do?"
" It's something for you to figure out, just remember everything I said today, your mind is the most powerful thing ever, okay? Angel, your mind can save us all," he said, placing his hands on her shoulders, eyes never leaving hers.

He cleared his throat, his voice lowered by an octave, sounding serious as he said the next part, " so promise me, you must do as I say and if you decide to do anything else, we're seriously going to be in trouble," he strictly spoke.

" But what am I supposed to do?" Chaeyoung asked as she fiddled with her fingers - a gut feeling telling her that her job wasn't going to be as easy as she thought.

" You're going to distract your father, we have two days so you better be ready by then cause if you don't do it right... we might.." Jaemin trailed off, biting his lip, hesitating to say his next words.

" We might what?" Chaeyoung asked, tugging at his sleeve, desperately waiting for him to say it out - having a slight hint of what he was going to say.

" We might get killed." he finally breathed out. " That file is something everyone would kill for."

double update cause i felt bad for not updating in a week :(

lowkey dk what im even writing rn 🤠