28

They stopped outside of a huge mansion

They stopped outside of a huge mansion. It looked modern, black and white walls with those kind of long windows that goes from the floor to the ceiling.

The front doors were grand, tall and wide while two guards stood at both sides. The wooden material was gave it somewhat of an olden look yet it matched the whole theme of the house.

" Alright. Jaemin, Chaeyoung, time for you guys to go, good luck! We'll be right behind." Haechan announced with his usual bright smile decorating his face.

The two climbed out of the car, side by side as they stood before the door that acted like a sign that said ' oh if you open this door you are starting a life-and-death mission.'

Chaeyoung felt her palms sweating - nearly trembling out of nervousness.

Jaemin noticed her shaking, slyly sliding his hand to hers, drawing circles on her palm using his thumb in an attempt to calm her down.

He turned her around, facing each other instead of the entrance - an entrance that felt like it was leading them to heaven.

" Just remember what I said okay? Just let yourself accept it and open your mind." Jaemin softly spoke, bringing his other hand up to place her loose strands of hair behind her ear. " One more thing, let out your emotions. Every emotion that you contain in your heart, okay?"

Chaeyoung nodded, staring up at the boy with her chocolate hues, completely entranced by his beauty and the way his words rolled off his tongue like honey.

" We can go in when you're ready, angel." Jaemin said, voice sweet unlike the cold and emotionless tone he usually used.

" Let's go, the guards are probably looking at us weird." Chaeyoung mumbled, embarrassed to be doing whatever they were doing in the middle of nowhere - and that in front of their enemies.

And with that, they entered, the doors slamming close behind them once they stepped foot inside.

Music blasting into their ears the moment the doors that led them inside opened. The area was filled with people - probably at least a thousand.

The chandelier emitted light, giving the whole place more of a grand look. People talked to each other, laughter coming out from their lips - making Chaeyoung almost forget that they were all part of a mafia gang of some sort.

There was a stage, a microphone in the middle probably for a speech later on.

The staircase was grand like those kinds you see in castles - those long and wide ones that princesses would walk down from to make their what people call a 'grand entrance.'

Chaeyoung stared in awe, eyes sparkling as she admired the place having not been into one before.

" Mission starts now." Ten's voice roared through their earpiece. Chaeyoung flinched, forgetting that the device was rested in her ear.

" The rest of the dreamies are entering, they will all be at a corner of the ballroom so don't worry Chaeyoug." He assured. " Jaemin, you need to go up now, third floor third door to the left, he's coming down."

Jaemin let go of her hand, feeling the warmth from him fading away, leaving Chaeyoung vulnerable.

" Stay safe, angel." He said, walking away and giving her a lazy wink before getting lost among the crowd.

The sound of the microphone squeaking pierced through the air, everyone instinctively bringing their hands up to cover their ears.

Chaeyoung's eyes shot towards the stairs that led towards the stage.

She bit her lips in an attempt to bottle up her emotions as she found herself staring at the man who made her - her father.

His jet black hair was styled, wearing a suit while he flashed an arrogant smile.

He seemed like a completely different person to Chaeyoung - well, she barely remembered her memories with him.

Her father, also known as one of the most merciless mafia member - Choi Jinyoung.

He stood in front of the microphone, clearing his throat making everyone turn their heads towards him.

Seemingly to enjoy the attention, his lips formed a languid smirk - like he had an ulterior motive for this so called 'party.'

Chaeyoung's gut feelings said he did have one, her stomach churning as she felt her goosebumps wake at her suspicion.

Something about it told her that it was going to be hard for her to distract her own father - as if he had something planned out for her.

She stood amongst the crowd, blending in as she watched her father start his speech.

" Thanks everyone for coming! It is my pleasure to meet you all today." He started, smiling as if he had an ounce of respect in him. " Its nice to see everyone again after a year."

The start seemed warm, sweet greetings and pleasurable comments but it really seemed just too...nice?

Chaeyoung didn't know how to put it but it just all seemed suspicious. The soujd of her father's voice that she hadn't heard in ages drowned out the voices of the conversations in her earpiece, solely focusing on the man that stood in the center of attention.

" But this year, we are going to switch it up a bit and do something different." He continued, raising up his hands, clapping twice.

Resounding clicks from the doors locking filled the entire room, making everyone glance around in confusion. Every entrance closed, locked. No way out and no way in - it all felt like some sort of trap meant for her and the dreamies.

She felt her anxiety rise as she lowered her head to look at the ground upon noticing her father scanning the crowd.

A frown settled upon his lips as if he was expecting something - or someone. But he soon covered it up with a smile.

" No one is leaving this party until I get what I want." He spoke, everyone yelling as a result. " She is right here, she and the rest of the mafia gang surely knows what I mean."

He tilted his head ever so slowly like those evil villains mocking their victim.

" And just in case they don't know." He continued. Chaeyoung thought it was her imagination when her father squinted his eyes right at her, as if seeing through her like she was transparent.

" I want my daughter."

who gave you the rights to ask for your daughter smh 🙄