30

Silence filled the room as no one uttered a word

Silence filled the room as no one uttered a word. Chaeyoung stared back into those eyes that she had first looked into when she was just a newborn baby.

" Do you want to go home with me?" Her father asked, feigning innocence.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes as a simple, "No." escaping from her lips. Her hands formed fists, clenching them until her knuckles turned white.

" Well, I'll ask you three times and if you still don't give me the answer I want, I suppose I have to use force." He coldly spoke.

He raised his hand, pointing his index finger up. " One, would you like to go home with me sweetheart?" He questioned with his hands clasped as if begging.

Chaeyoung internally gagged at the pet name, disgusting coming from the man she had now grown to hate.

" Answer me first, what the hell did you do to mom?" She inquired.

" Nothing." He simply responded yet the smug smile on his face told the opposite.

" What the fuck did you do to her?" Chaeyoung nearly yelled, her insides fuelled by anger.

Taking deep breaths, she tried to calm herself. Jaemin told her the key to all the tricks is to be calm...right?

" Hm, I don't know a syringe of heart stopping medicine wouldn't do much, would it?" He placed a hand on his chin, pretending to be thinking - as if the answer to that question wasn't so obvious.

Then, he continued raising his middle finger. " Two, would you like to go home with me?" He spoke impatiently, eyes narrowing at the girl who stood before him.

" Why the hell would I go home with a murderer." Chaeyoung said, glaring up at the man - if glaring at someone could kill, her father would have been dead long ago.

" Funny how you make it sound like you're not living with a mafia group that kills people." Her father countered, rolling his eyes.

The girl was taken aback for a second, eyes slightly widening - he did have a point, she was living with a whole group of murderers but this was a different story.

Finally, he raised his ring finger indicating that it was the last time he was asking.

" Three, would you like to go home and live with me?" He said, voice firm as he slowly said each word.

" If I was you I would just go, when he does it by force it's torturous." Someone from the audience commented while others nodded in agreement and some just watching the situation unfold.

" Still." Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. " No. Never." She finalised, eyes firmly looking into his with hatred.

" Well." He clicked his tongue. " You asked for it." He shrugged.

Out of nowhere, two bodyguard looking man jumped out, grabbing her by the shoulders.

" Help?" She tried whispering, hoping that any of the dreamies can hear her through the earpiece but unfortunately, it was disconnected.

" Let go!" She yelled, moving out of their grasp. Just when she was about to run away, they caught her hand.

" Did they abandon me or something? Where are they.." Chaeyoung whispered to herself, a tear unconsciously slipping from her eye.

" Aw is my daughter crying?" The man that Chaeyoung refused to call 'father' cooed.

" Don't touch me." She blurted out as she tried to move away from the guards.

" You better follow us or we will have to kill your oh so favourite boy upstairs." He smirked, cocking an eyebrow up.

Chaeyoung groaned, knowing who he was talking about. " Don't you dare touch him! And what the hell do you want me for?"

" Just need you to use the necklace to help unlock something your mother had." He said, a disgusted expression decorating his face at the mention of your mother.

" The no way, i'm not doing any of your deeds." Chaeyoung said. " And why does everyone just watch and not help or anything?" She pointed out, looking towards the crowd who just stared back.

" It's cause they all work for me, obviously." Her father explained before clapping his hands. " Enough! I'm done with waiting, I need you to help me now."

And just like that the guards firmly held the girl and pulled her towards the door.

Chaeyoung stared back at her father's smug smirk as if proud of his achievement - it just fuelled her anger more.

A laugh escaped from his lips as he watched his own daughter getting dragged away. That was also when her last straw broke.

" I said, Don't fucking touch me!"  Chaeyoung shouted. She felt all the anger inside overwhelming her, the fire in her eyes burning bright and hot - asking for a way to relieve.

And when they continued dragging her it was when she was finally done. " Don't. Touch. Me." She spat, voice full of venom.

She felt herself letting go of all her anger, somehow it felt stronger than it normally would. And she found the hands that was gripping her shoulders fall loose.

Confused, she turned around only to raise a hand to massage her temples.

Her ears started to ring as a migraine came, massaging her temples didn't seem to do the job.

Yet, she felt all her anger dissipate - like it was just, gone.

She stretched out a hand and held the wall, leaning against it as she tried to steady herself.

Finding the place awfully quiet all of a sudden, she finally looked up.

Her eyes widened as she saw the whole crowd laid on the ground - like they were just...dead.

She walked over to her father, checking his pulse which was completely fine.

At least they aren't dead I guess. Chaeyoung thought. She looked around, searching for familiar faces yet she saw none.

If everyone was asleep - if that was what you would call if you aren't dead neither awake - surely the dreamies would have been the same after whatever she did.

" Jaemin? Dreamies? Is anyone there?"

oh my girl so talented terminating everyone at once