39

If there was one regret Jaemin ever had in his life, it was probably to dump that body in the cafe that day

If there was one regret Jaemin ever had in his life, it was probably to dump that body in the cafe that day. Being met with that pair of brown eyes that he had grown to love.

The same eyes that looked at him in horror, as if he was a monster; just like how everyone else did. His heart ached slightly, breathing uneven as he stared down at the floor.

" I...uh...what..?" Chaeyoung stuttered out in shock. The other two man ran out of the room almost immediately after the incident. Chaeyoung grimaced at the sight of the stabbed eye, feeling her stomach churn.

Silence filled the atmosphere as Jaemin breathed heavily, trying to get ahold of himself. Chaeyoung trailed her eyes to the boy in horror and slight awe - which he wasn't aware of.

Something urged her to speak so she only said the only thing she thought of. " Is he dead?" she blurted out.

Jaemin lifted his head up, glancing at the body before looking to the girl and chuckling slightly. " You really expect him to make it out alive with a knife in his eye which is leaking with blood? Yeah sure he is definitely alive," he retorted sarcastically.

Somehow it felt like a déjà vu, the day when they had first met in the cafe. When Jaemin had slit the man's throat, and here now he had indirectly stabbed a man in the eye.

It sent a shiver down her spine at his murderous state, realising how dangerous he could actually be. She lets out a shaky breath, eyes flickering over to Jaemin's blank expression.

" Let's go the rest are downstairs and we got what we want," Chaeyoung insisted, tugging at his sleeve.

Jaemin sighed before nodding, stepping over the dead bodies before exiting the room with Chaeyoung following suit.

The air outside the room felt oddly cold, a slight breeze cutting through, sending a shiver down Chaeyoung's spine.

The wooden floor creaked after every step they took, making the environment more eerie than it already was. Jaemin showed no fear though, his expression blank and bored as he squinted slightly to make out the way to the stairs.

" Did they send their weakest fighters here or something?" Chenle's voice sounded from below, slightly easing Chaeyoung's nerves knowing that they were safe.

Reaching the final step, the girl immediately ran towards the others, wanting to get as much protection as she could.

The file in her hands already forgotten after everything. Jaemin just watched as she ran with a smile on her face, feeling a hint warmth in his heart - which disappeared almost as quick as it came upon remembering the earlier incident. -

" Let's go, they might send more here," Jaemin says, walking out of the front door without waiting for an answer.

The rest trailed behind the ace, walking back to the car and sitting back in their positions.