19

The group reached the base as the sky slowly turned dark

The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky before the sun settled completely and the moon made its appearance. The night sky was aglow with the bright city lights. The pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the dark night sky.

An entrance opened automatically, allowing space for the car to enter back to its position when they had first left. The entrance closed behind them after they entered and disappeared in a blink of an eye, like it didn't exist.

They exited the car, walking to the door and entering back into the base, the same long hallway stretching out till the end. They walked towards the meeting room where the others were at, opening the door and entering the room.

Haechan brought his hands together, bringing it around his mouth, " we're back!" he announced, gaining everyone's attention.

The dreamies walked to their seats while Chaeyoung awkwardly sat at the extra chair at the corner of the room.

Tension lingered in the air, silence invading the room, not a single word uttered out after they sat in their seats.

" So, did you guys find anything?" Taeyong asked, his gaze shifting from one member to another before it landed on the girl who stared at the ground, deep in thought.

The sight of the dead body engraved in her mind, the sound of the gunshots and blood splashing ringing in her ears.

" Chaeyoung," Jaemin's voice called out, eyeing the girl.

She lifted her head up, eyes frantically moving side to side, scanning the room repeatedly as if there were enemies still wandering around in the hidden base.

" Chaeyoung!" Jaemin called out again. This time, the girl's eyes shot towards him.

" Calm down angel," the boy said, eyes staring back at her panick filled ones. " You're safe here," he reassured, walking to the girl and patting her back soothingly.

The girl nodded, his slow and rhythmic pats making her calm down, her heart returning back to its steady rhythm.

The rest stared at the two in bewilderment, surprised at the boy's actions. The usual emotionless boy was now being motherly and caring, softness lingering in his gaze.

Taeyong cleared his throat as Jaemin immediately pulled away from Chaeyoung, walking back to his seat like nothing had happened. " Anyways, now that you've calmed down, did you find anything in the room, Chaeyoung?"

" Uhm..Yeah," she responds, hands digging into her pocket before pulling the necklace out. " This," she said, allowing the necklace to hang on her finger.

" What is it?" Haechan asked, sneaking towards the girl, wanting to grab the necklace but only for the girl to pull it back towards her.

He raised an eyebrow at her actions, watching as she clutched onto the necklace in a tight fist.

" It's the necklace my mother gave to me right before she died."
Gasps were heard across the room at her words. Chaeyoung looked at the ground as she fidgetted with the necklace in her hand, pondering over the many questions she had.

" I think this is all planned out," she said, blinking away her tears and looking back up at the others. She stood up slowly walking towards the table and placing the necklace down.

" The money in the box is my pay that my boss was going to give me. However, you guys got this box a week earlier so how would he know I would be here," Chaeyoung explained as they nodded along.

" They knew one week in advance that the store was going to be closed, I think they knew Jaemin was going to kill someone there so he asked me to help close the shop that day," the girl bit her lips in anxiety, trying her best to explain her thoughts.

" And they also knew that we were coming today. They also purposefully placed this necklace inside that room," she paused, taking a breath. She pieced everything together as she spoke, hoping her predictions were correct.

" Which means it's either someone is telling them this information or," she concluded, her eyes raking over each of their figures as they listened in concentration.

" They put a listen-" Taeyong tried to finish before the girl shook her head, placing her finger above her lips.

She swiftly walked over to the corner she had just sat at, scanning the chair. Spotting the familiar odd part of the chair. Croaching down, she stretched out her hand grabbing the camouflaged small black device hidden under the chair.

The device flashed a small red light, signalling that it was turned on and active- the device that gave their rivals all their plans and information.

She stood up, holding the device between her thumb and index finger, raising it up to her eye level.

" Bingo."

chaeyoung really went from an emotional girl to a smart ass in a matter of seconds

i feel like double updating so i might publish another chapter later tonight-