31

Having been greeted by silence sent Chaeyoung's heart pulsating

Having been greeted by silence sent Chaeyoung's heart pulsating. She frantically looked around for their bodies, scattered among others.

" Guys? Hello?" She called out again yet silence remained. Panicked, she pushed some bodies away with her feet, checking to see whether there was a familiar face below them.

" For someone who just manifested their ability, I gotta say, that was impressive," Haechan's voice joked, the girl's eyes immediately shot to the corner of the room where the smug boy stood with the others behind him.

" Chaeyoung, you the GOAT!" Chenle cheered, a series of dolphin laughs erupting from him.

Chaeyoung giggled slightly, rolling her eyes as she lightly jogged towards them. " Where's Jaemin?" She questioned, eyes scanning their faces, mentally counting each one of them only to realise that one was missing - and the missing one was of course, Jaemin.

" Do we go upstairs and find him?" Chaeyoung asked, eyes trailing over towards the main staircase that looked grand before scanning her father's "dead" figure.

" Sure, I don't see how it'll be dangerous anyways," Renjun stated.

Chaeyoung immediately circled around the bodies before making her way to the stairs, climbing up while the others followed her. She bounced lightly after every step, as if she was an excited puppy running towards its owner for treats.

Reaching the end of the stairs and to the second floor, a long hallway greeted them.

The light from the chandelier didn't stretch far enough to light the hallway, leaving it engulfed by darkness. There was an area that acted somewhat like a balcony, allowing them to get a perfect view of the people below.

Chaeyoung took a glance, noticing some of them starting to move - they didn't have much time left. " We need to hurry, I think they're starting to wake up," she informed, turning back to face them.

She scanned the hallway, plenty of doors but only one was opened. Silently, she walked towards it, the door all the way at the end of the hallway.

" Yah! Chaeyoung, you should stay behind just in case," Haechan hissed out, pulling the girl behind him by her arm.

They took careful steps towards it, Haechan was the first to peek in. It was most probably the dark hallways that made the room seem to be brighter than usual, cause the inside was dimly lit. " Were they not rich enough to afford proper source of light or something after buying this whole mansion?" Chaeyoung commented, eyes running over the dim room.

" Probably," Jisung mumbled - which startled Chaeyoung slightly due to how rare she had heard his voice, forgetting how it sounds almost every time after she hears it.

Haechan quietly stepped inside the room, using one hand to gesture to the others to follow him.

The room was a lot bigger than what Chaeyoung expected it to be, it stored probably over 20 cabinets. They walked inside, it seemed like a library just that instead of book shelves storing books, it was drawers or cabinets storing files, loads and loads of files.

" Jaemin?" Chaeyoung called out in an attempt to get some response. But the room stayed silent making Chaeyoung's heart speed up out of worry.

" Jaemin?" She called out again, this time a lot more desperately. Her palms started sweating, wiping them on her dress being of no use. Her heart beat became erratic as seconds passed without an answer until a shadow emerged from the corner.

" Seriously? Did Chaeyoung do this cause that really ruined the fun," he spoke with a slight pout as he threw the bloodied body on the floor. Haechan was the first to run over and hug him tightly, a wide smile planted on his lips.

" You worried us you strawberry lover," he said, ruffling Jaemin's hair.

" Yah!" Jaemin fake gagged before trailing his eyes towards the girl who stared at him with emotional tears gleaming in her eyes. His heart swelled slightly at the sight, her makeup slightly ruined, hair messed up while her dress was wrinkled, lips slightly pouted as her hands trembled.

" I guess we're invisible to you now since you're too busy staring," Chenle joked, rolling his eyes playfully.

A tint of pink colouring his cheeks. " Aw, cheekies," Haechan cooed as he poked his index finger at Jaemin's cheeks. The annoyed boy shook Haechan off out of embarrassment before walking over the body - that had long been forgotten by them - and towards the girl who stood unaware of her surroundings except for the boy walking towards her - and her thumping heart.

The overwhelming urge to hug her yet Jaemin refrained at the last possible moment. Clearing his throat, he awkwardly diverted his gaze elsewhere as he stood in front of Chaeyoung. " Anyways, I found the file," he stated, raising the folder in his hand.

Chaeyoung felt her heart ache slightly, dropping her head as she raised a hand to wipe the threatening tears away. Dejected, she shut out everything around her, not even caring what was going on, only focusing on the ground that suddenly seemed interesting.

" Angel?" Jaemin softly whispered as he looked down at the girl, eyebrows furrowed in worry. " Are you okay?"

Chaeyoung just nodded in response, not bothering to look up, not even realising that the rest of the boys had already left the room to make their way to the exit.

All of a sudden she felt herself being pulled into his embrace, warmth emitting from his body and onto hers'. She smiled slightly as her arms hesitantly wrapped around his waist. " We can talk about it later okay? But we need to find a way out right now since the doors are still locked," he spoke, one hand rested on her back, the other caressing the back of her head.

The girl just hummed in agreement, melting into his touch. The two stayed like that for a moment until the others called from outside.

" Are you two love birds done yet? We really don't have much time for your icky yucky romantic stuff."

merry christmas~~

merry christmas~~

im gonna mass update as a present for yall hehe go to my message board to tell me how many chapters you guys want

please dont give me more than 10 cause i can only do that much 💀