22

The powerful rays of the sober morning sun shined through the gaps of the translucent blinds, lighting up the room with its soft and gentle glow

The blinding light of the sun acted as somewhat of a wake up call, shining on Jaemin's face as his eyes gradually opened, getting pulled out of his deep slumber.

He groaned, pulling an arm over his eyes in an attempt to block the blinding rays. He slowly sat up on the couch, yawning as he rubbed his eyes in order to adjust to the light.

Stretching his arms and legs as he cracked his neck from side to side, trying to ease the stiffness on his body from the uncomfortable position that he had slept that night.

He looked around the room, eyes landing on the girl on his bed with her hair messed up into a bird's nest while her mouth opened and closed slightly as soft snores came out of it.

His half closed eyes widened slightly as they stood still, staring at her while she slept peacefully while being ethereally beautiful at the same time. He didn't know why but something about her lured him in, completely entranced by her form.

His heart ached at the thought of her broken self yesterday, her cries that screamed for help; but he didn't know what to do.

He shook his head, snapping himself out of it. Walking over to his closet and taking a hoodie with sweatpants before walking into his bathroom to shower.

The soft warm water from the shower dripped down Jaemin's hair softly, the drops slowly made its way down his body, towards his perfectly toned abs. The water cascading down his body, allowing him to relax as the wetness from the water dampened it.

The water calmed him down as several thoughts whirled in his mind making him heave a sigh.

He thought about his leader's words, "You must take care of her, it's your job," Taeyong had said. Jaemin scoffed, rubbing his jet black hair harder, his shampoo bubbling up more before washing it away.

" Stop thinking about it, you don't care about her anyways," he murmured to himself. He stopped the shower, the harsh water coming to a stop.

Water trickled down his body as he came out of the shower, grabbing the towel and wiping himself dry.

He put on his hoodie and sweatpants, using the towel to dry his black hair slightly before placing it randomly next to the sink.

He placed his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants as he walked out of the bathroom casually.

Chaeyoung still stayed asleep on Jaemin's bed, his eyes raking over her figure. " Cute," he mumbled before hitting himself, " what the hell did you say Na Jaemin, she isn't cute," he scolded himself softly, trying to avoid waking the girl up.

He walked to the small room at the corner, opening the door and entering it, leaving the door wide open so that he could see the girl.

Jaemin sat on the office chair, eyes squinting as he scanned the programming device before looking back at the codes that flashed on his compter screen.

Programming and coding was one of his hobbies; he created some devices at the base but other than those the rest of his creation was placed inside the room he was sitted in.

The small room consisted of a large glass display- inside held all of his creations that he had made from scratch. At one corner, held a drawer where all his programming items were placed. His table where he usually did all his work, his computer with 2 monitors.

He was best at multitasking, having 3 screens with a specific item opened up for each one; gaming, mission planning and programming. Those were the three things he did nearly everyday.

However, at that moment he just had one screen turned on with his program and codes shown.

Jaemin skimmed through all of it, wondering where he had went wrong, repeatedly reading as he tried to find his mistake.

The nail on his middle finger subconsciously tapping on the table after every word that he reads; it was a habit of his, one that he should probably get rid of but it helped him concentrate.

The continuously tapping made Chaeyoung stir in her sleep, her eyes soon prevailing as she awoke from her slumber.

She stretched her limbs- much like what Jaemin had done when he woken up. She scanned her surroundings with her half closed eyes, attempting to find the source of the annoying taps.

It played repeatedly in her mind, over and over again until she groaned. "Where is that sound coming from?" she voiced out, by now she was fully awake, surprised when she realised that she was in Jaemin's room before remembering the previous day's events.

A soft pink tinted at her cheeks as she inwardly squealed, feeling flustered.

There was a final three taps before the sound of the keyboard erupted — a sound that was definitely more satisfying to the ear.

" Finally!" the boy in the room exclaimed, eyes boring into the device that immediately came to life.

Chaeyoung sneaked into the room, standing behind him quietly as she peeked at what he was doing before her eyes caught sight of all the creations displayed.

" You made all this?" she questioned, making the boy flinch at the sudden presence. He scratched the back of his neck as he nodded.

He stood up from his chair as he watched the girl stare at his creations in awe while he stood awkwardly.

" Ooh can I touch it?" she said as her hand reached out towards the half done device on his table out of curiosity.

Jaemin panickingly grabbed her wrist protectively before pinning her on the wall. " Don't touch anything." he spoke lowly, eyes dark with no emotions as usual.

Even though she had seen him with bursts of emotions, his eyes still remained voided.

" U-uh I-" Chaeyoung stuttered, staring back into his deep brown eyes that made her nervous, gulping down a lump in the throat at the intensity of his gaze.

The room suddenly felt hotter as a layer of cold sweat sheened across her forehead.

Jaemin tilted his head, amused at how the girl was able to change in a few seconds. A languid smirk appeared on his face, deciding to tease her more despite his own heart beating so fast — but it went unnoticed by the boy, he was just that oblivious.

He purposefully brought his face closer to her, his breath fanning over her lips, his hair slightly poking at her forehead. Chaeyoung's eyes closed as her cheeks, together with her ears felt like it was being burnt by a fire — turning a deep shade of red.

Jaemin chuckled at her reaction before pulling away, a hint a amusement glinting in his eyes. The girl breathed heavily, one hand gripping on the shirt over her pulsating heart.

" I make you that nervous, huh, angel?"

omg i'm so done with myself writing these chaemin moments, single af

jaemin such a flirt