23

Chaeyoung stood frozen, heart thumping erratically from what had just happened while the boy just stood in front of her like nothing had happened, his hands in his pockets as he stared down at the girl

" Lets go, it's time for breakfast," Jaemin said, nudging his head towards the door as a signal.

She stood up, nodding her head, taking deep breaths to calm herself down.

The two walked out of the room and through the hallways to the dining room, the girl standing a fair amount of distance behind the boy, silent in awkwardness.

Jaemin shrugged it off, walking casually while Chaeyoung trailed behind him.

The dining room was no different. The ceiling lamps emitting light, making the whole area brightly litted – a little bit too strong, making Chaeyoung shield her eyes for a second.

The buffet for breakfast arranged in a line from one side of the room to another – like those you see in hotels –

Chaeyoung went to take her food, Jaemin already at the table with the dreamies.

She went to sit beside Jaemin, awkwardness lingering. She quietly ate her food, not engaging with their conversation.

She heard bits and pieces like " mafia party...skulls host...not invited..." but what really caught her attention was when they mentioned her dad.

" I heard the skulls leader would be there, which I heard is Chaeyoung's dad," Haechan whispered the last part, glancing towards the girl. 

" What did you just say?" Chaeyoung asked, eyes immediately darting towards the boy. A gleam of curiosity decorated the girl's eyes as she waited for Haechan to say something.

" There is a mafia party hosted by the skulls – which we are clearly not invited to for various reasons – and since your father is their leader, he would be there." Haechan explained.

" So can't we sneak in? I want to see him again.." Chaeyoung said, voice weak at the mention of her supposedly dead father – at least that was what she thought.

Being lied to that her father was dead for years, the immense betrayal she felt torned her insides. Desperate to know the reason why he did what he did, but of course she was always left in the dark.

" We might be sneaking in cause there is a file that we need there, but we aren't bringing you, it's too dangerous." Chenle said, his mouth full of food such that Chaeyoung had to listen closely to interpret what he had said.

" But he's my father!" she fought back, desperately wanting to meet him again.

" Yes he is but he isn't the father you once knew," Jisung spoke up, his voice lacking of any emotions. " You think he'd be the same after all these years? He might even be pretending back then," he stated.