1

It was a dark and rainy night, the silence in the shop made the sound of rain droplets hitting the windows louder than it should be

The heaviness of the rain made people rush back home, some held umbrellas while others empty-handed, seeking for shelter as the rain poured.

" Finally! 10pm, I can finally end this low paying extra boring shift." Chaeyoung muttered to herself, walking towards the staff only area to place her work clothes back.

She was an ordinary girl who worked to earn money for school fees, losing her parents at a young age made her more independent.

Her life was boring. It was filled with school, work, school, work over and over again like a repetitive cycle. Nothing interesting that was why she wished for some thrill and andrenaline in her life.

Something that was able to help her in her boring life as she fell deeper and deeper into her hole of misery.

Her mother died when she was 10, due to cancer, and the next day she lost her dad, due to him drunk driving in the middle of the night.

That left her with nothing. She didn't even know where to go, that miserable night the 10 year old girl went to the bridge that made her relaxed.

That dark and lonely night she just sat there, watching the water flow in the river as her tears flowed along with it.

That was her life, hiding her emotions inside, and hiding behind her facade, no one there to help her, the lonely and miserable girl.

Chaeyoung closed the light switch, walking out of the area having to lock the main door but instead she stood rooted to the ground.

Her legs froze at the sight in front of her.

She felt her stomach flip, her mind clouded as her whole body tembled in fear.

Amidst the darkness in the coffee shop there stood two boys, one having a knife slightly above the other's throat.

" Aren't we a team?!" the boy choked out, looking at the other in fright.

" A team? You guys forced me into this so why not just kill ya'll since you won't let me escape." The other said, holding the knife dangerously close to the throat. " And why not start with the person who dragged me into this first." He continued, shooting him a murderous smile before his knife lowered, slitting his throat in one quick movement, leaving him dead on the ground.

" One down, 19 more to go." he muttered out, raising his head to look directly at the frozen girl. " So, You like the show?" He said, faking enthusiasm as he gave her a forced smile. " Maybe I should have made it more entertaining and include some fights instead of just slitting his throat right away." He talked to no one in particular, Chaeyoung just stared at him wide-eyed. " But you haven't answered my question, did you like the show? hmm." he repeated.

Chaeyoung parted her mouth wanting to speak, only to close them back, not knowing what to say.

Silence filled the air, Chaeyoung just frozen in place while the boy leaned against the wall, twirling the pocket knife around his fingers, looking at the girl with an eyebrow raised.

" I-I u-uh.." She stuttered out, as she felt a lump forming in her throat. " Is he dead?" She managed to choke out, looking at the motionless body on the floor, a puddle of blood below it.

The visible slash across the throat that had dried up blood on it.

She felt her stomach churn in disgust, immediately turning her head back to look at the boy who had a languid smirk on his face.

" What do you think?"

👁️👄👁️ dEaD bOdY im actually motivated to write this 💀 oop- anyways hope you enjoyYyY