21

The girl sat on a chair in the middle of a dark room

The girl sat on a chair in the middle of a dark room. Four walls, no windows, no doors, just her and the chair that she was seated on with a lamp hanging right above her, dimly lighting up the near pitch black room.

Ear piercing screams played as she looked around frantically for the source of it but only to be met with an empty room. Trying to move in her seat but invisible forces pulled her back to sit on the only chair in the ill litted room.

Blood splattered on the walls, staining them with the sticky red substance. " Help me!" Chaeyoung screamed out but nothing happened.

Dead bodies appeared on the floor out of nowhere, cold and pale. Their throat slitted as blood oozed out of it. A wave of nausea engulfed the girl as her head started spinning.

" Just die, you're useless anyways," a voice whispered in her ear, looking behind only to find no one.

Chaeyoung cried out for help as tears streamed down her face like an endless waterfall. The sight of the dead body that laid right in front of her made her gag in disgust.

A layer of sweat sheened across her forehead at her attempts to try and stand up but to no avail.

" Help me...I'm not useless I swear...Let me out, please!" she desperately called out. Her heart pulsating through her body, her breathing becoming uneven.

Her cries of agony being the only thing heard in the eerily silent room. Her screams for help being heard by no one.

" Please just let me out," she called out for the last time, voice barely audible, not even knowing who she was begging to.

The pounding headache grew too much for her as her vision turn black, fainting on the chair that she was stuck to.

That was when she woke up, finally being able to get out of the hauntingly inexorable nightmare. Her body shot up, taking heavy breaths with her erratic heart beat.

Tears pouring from her eyes as she brought her knees close to her chest. Her hair messed up while sobs escaped from her lips.

The luxurious big room turned suffocating, feeling as if the darkness was choking her, pain gnawing at her insides.

" Useless." her mind kept chanting, the word she hated most.

Chaeyoung gasped for air, trying her best to calm herself down. Knowing it was hopeless, she desperately kicked her blanket away, coming out from under the covers.

She crawled across the floor, limply turning the door knob and opening the door to reveal the brightly litted hallways.

She hurriedly entered the room right opposite hers. Breathing heavily as she closed back the door and leaning against it.

Jaemin's eyes immediately darted towards Chaeyoung, concern blooming in him yet his face remained emotionless like he didn't care.

His eyes raked over the girl's disoriented figure, watching as she struggled to breathe properly- much like how she was back at the coffee shop during the mission.

" What's wrong, angel?" he asked, walking up to the girl and crouching down to her level.

The girl looked up at him, eyes red and puffy as tears streamed out of them, her lips subconsciously forming a small pout.

She immediately pulled him into a hug as she cried into his shoulder. His shirt turned wet from her tears as it stuck onto his body.

Jaemin awkwardly pat her back, not really knowing how to comfort others- which confused him how his motherly instincts were able to kick in earlier in the day.

" A-am I u-useless?" Chaeyoung managed to choke out between her sobs, detaching herself from the boy as she calmed down slightly.

" What?" Jaemin said in surprise, taken aback by her question. " Why would you ask that?"

" Everyone says I'm useless like I'm not worth living, I try my best but still get called that and now it feels like a word I'm labelled with," she explained, voice weak as her tears gradually came to a stop yet her body still felt numb.

The two sat on his bed, his LED lights turned on which lit the room electrical blue in colour- the kind of blue that brought people peace.

" Sometimes it's not about being useful, it's more about being helpful," he said, eyes staring at the wall opposite them, mind already clouded with other thoughts.

" Then, am I helpful?" Chaeyoung asked, turning her head to the boy. The lights made his skin look blue, his eyes devoided of any emotions, black hair messed up- at that moment, he looked ethereally beautiful to Chaeyoung, not knowing why she hadn't realise his perfect features before.

" Yes, you are," he responds, voice deep yet sweet like honey despite it being toneless.

Chaeyoung nodded her head in understanding, feeling her heart melt. She was placed in a trance as she unknowingly stared at the boy in awe, feeling oddly attracted to him.

" What?" he raised an eyebrow, his head turning towards the girl who had her eyes on him. She shook her head, snapping out of it, mumbling a soft, "nothing."

" Well then you should go to sleep and I should too," Jaemin said, getting ready to stand up to walk to the other side of the bed to sleep but a small hand pulled on the hem of his shirt making him halt.

" I had a nightmare...a-and..I can't sleep..u..uh...c..can I sleep here t...tonight?" Chaeyoung stuttered out shyly, eyes on the ground as she felt her cheeks grow hot.

Jaemin simply nodded, " sure why not," he said, " you gave me one less thing to do anyways."

" What do you mean?" the girl questioned, looking at him with eyes glazed with curiosity.

" Nothing," he answered, walking over to the couch in the room, placing the extra pillow on it before laying down. His arms crossed as he closed his eyes.

" Wait, I should take the couch, I'm the one asking to sleep here after all," she said in embarrassment, feeling bad enough that she had to trouble him with her emotional self.

" Relax angel, it's my job to take care of you- not that I want to but- this is Jaemin's room service in business."

I just needed a chaemin moment here HEJSBS they do be developing ;)

omg when i wrote this i can actually imagine everything happening and how jaemin looked- BLACK HAIR JAEMIN

but thanks for 5k reads i love u all 💚🐧