20

Chaeyoung brought the device close to her mouth, grinning as she said her next few words

" Hey boss, Mr Jeon, I'm sure you're doing well with your wife right? Don't worry your coffee shop is still intact but the people inside sure aren't," she spoke monotonously before clicking the button on the device as the red flash of light disappeared, signaling that the device had been turned off.

The girl rubbed her temples, shaking her head before throwing the device onto the table.

" Tsk, bunch of eavesdroppers," she muttered out, rolling her eyes at the listening device that now stood at the center of the table. " Next question, how is it here if no one can come in," she inquired, smiling sarcastically.

" U-uh- what?" One of them managed to voice out, everyone at a loss of words at the girl's sudden change in demeanor.

They watched as she solved the mystery that had been brought upon them since many months ago. " So it's that thing that had been bringing our many defeats cause they knew what we were going to do."

Chaeyoung nodded, heaving a breathy sigh. " Ten, I suggest you hack it and track where they are listening from, I think it might lead to their base," she suggested as she grabbed the necklace before turning her back and striding out of the room and back into her own.

" Wow, well that was hot," Haechan said breaking the silence in the room as they watched the girl's back as she walked away. Leaving them there, stunned by her cleverness.

" She's really something."

" Well, anyways, we'll discuss this tomorrow, everyone go get some sleep," Taeyong said before looking at Jaemin,

" And I think you should go check on her,"  he said while the boy rolled his eyes.

" Why must I take care of her 24/7, she is an adult not a fucking baby," Jaemin complained, hand slamming on the table making some of them flinch at the harshness.

" I told you to take care of her so do your job," the leader said, tilting his head to the side as he looked at the boy, " now, any questions?"

Jaemin groaned in frustration, closing his eyes before glaring at the leader.

He knew he had no say in it so he stood up and walked away, back into his room, deciding that he would go check on her later.

" I don't even care about her, why must I be the one doing this shit."

Chaeyoung entered her room, closing the door behind her, allowing darkness to engulf the area.

She leaned against the door, slowly sliding down. Gripping tightly on the necklace in her hand, reminding her of her sorrows.

She let out a breath as happy memories with her mom flashed through her mind.