9

It wasn't the feeling of sadness, not any of those water falls pouring out of her eyes, none of that

It wasn't the feeling of sadness, not any of those water falls pouring out of her eyes, none of that. It was like Chaeyoung had cried out all of her tears, nothing left for her to pour out. She just stood rooted to the ground, face blank.

She felt empty, her heart clenching in betrayal. " If he was alive, why didn't he want to stay with me.."

Taeyong softly placed a hand on her shoulder, " somethings are done for a reason," he comforted. " We can't know everything but we can know what's on the surface."

" But sometimes when we dig deep, we don't know what pain would lie there, it's best to give it time okay?" he ended. Ruffling her hair and flashing her a small smile.

" Okay.." Chaeyoung mumbled, mind whirling with theories, none of which were good.

" Anyways, I think that's all I'll say. You're here cause you're in danger. We're trying to protect you so cooperate, please. I'm sure you'll get to know everyone eventually," he said, " I'm Taeyong, the leader. I'll get Jaemin to take you to your room and give you a tour."

Chaeyoung sighed, hoping that it wasn't who she think it was. Only to be proven wrong when the same jet black haired boy came in.

His hands in his pockets as he walked casually towards them. " Jaemin take Chaeyoung around the base." Taeyong ordered.

Jaemin scowled, rolling his eyes. " Yes sir, your order shall be fulfilled." He said sarcastically, eyes narrowing at the girl, " follow me, angel."

" Don't be too harsh on her!" Taeyong shouted from the main supposedly meeting room. The two walked through the transparent doors and into the hallway that looked endless.

Doors after doors filled the hallway. Chaeyoung squinted to see the end only to just see the continuous halls.

" Does it have an end?" Chaeyoung asked, glancing at the boy whom walked by her side.

" Yes." he said simply.
" Doesn't seem like it though, are you sure?"

" What did I say about questions." the boy muttered out, voice filled with venom as one hand pinned the girl's wrists at the top of her head, against the wall while the other still in his pocket.

" What did you say?" Chaeyoung said, tilting her head mockingly . " I need a friendly reminder, jaemin."

Jaemin's face darkened, fire lit up in his eyes. " Listen well angel, you better control that pretty mouth of yours or I might just rip your vocal chords out of your throat," he said, voice an octave lower.

The confidence she had evaporated. Fear flashed across Chaeyoung's eyes as she nodded her head rapidly, understanding the threat.

She bit her lips as she felt his nails digging into her wrist, she was sure there was a cut.

Subconsciously, she let out a soft whimper at the pain from her wrist. It was probably red by how tight he was gripping them. Despite only using one hand, the strength he used to hold her was immaculate.

It might have just been because she was a girl but still, he was the ace of NCT. No one dared to get in his way, whoever did would just get a slit in their throat. That was Jaemin's signigture move.

He didn't go for any other body parts, for some unknown reason he went for the throat. Every time they had battled, whichever dead body has blood leaking out of their throats, it was Jaemin's doing.

He showed no remorse, killing everyone mercilessly, like showing slight emotion was foreign to him.

The grip around her hand loosened as he brought his hand back into his pockets. Chaeyoung immediately looked at her wrist and winced at the slight pain. As expected, it was red, there wasn't a cut but the imprints of his nails were left.

But she continued to follow the boy as they walked till they stopped at a room. The two stood there, right in front of the door. The boy looked at her with a raised eyebrow, " Well, aren't you gonna go in?"

" Uh...my wrist hurts..." Chaeyoung said softly, looking down at her wrist. Despite the fact that she was alone for nearly half of her life, she still easily got sensitive over small things.

She wasn't as strong as how others thought she was. The weak girl hiding behind her own facade. The many nights she had cried herself to sleep because she missed her parents, and the fact that she found out that her father was alive, hurts.

" Aw, angel are you hurt? Let me treat you," Jaemin cooed, feigning sympathy.

" Well, I don't fvcking care if you're hurt or not," he deadpanned, " I'm not a doctor, just deal with the pain yourself or find the medical room yourself."

That was his words before he walked to the door opposite from her's." Oh please don't come knocking at my door even though i'm suppose to be the one taking care of you," he stated, flashing a fake smile that still looked good on him.

" I'll slit your damn throat if you do," he threatened emotionlessly while the girl stood there, head down while nodding.

Jaemin ignored her, walking into his room and slamming the door shut, leaving the girl standing in the brightly litted hallways.

The tears that managed to escape went unnoticed as she stood there, staring at her reddened wrist.

She still felt his grip on her wrist despite his presence not being there, his grip felt like it was around her neck, choking her.

She felt suffocated, it might have seemed like a small thing to others but to her, it was big. She hated how sensitive she was. The air in her lungs failed as she felt her breathing turn unstable.

Her back against the door as she felt herself fall weak on her knees. She sat there, her head between her knees, hands wrapping around them.

She felt like her 10 year old self again, the one who sat on the bridge. Tears leaking out of her eyes as she felt everything crash down on her again.

Her sobs muffled out with her head between her knees. She quickly got up and entered the room, closing back the door and going back to her previous position.

She sat there, in the foreign room, at midst the darkness, breaking down.

" Mommy, where are you when I need you the most?"

Chaeyoung is lowkey me NRKSN okay but mOrE aBoUt hEr cHaRaCtEr yKyK but first chapter to have 1k words whoop

Taeyong is so wise tho