Chapter 30

The Italic parts are dreams (memories)

"It's a girl!" the woman whispers in shock as she holds the child while the people around look at each other's face in shock.

"Impossible!" someone whispers.

"The Priest said it would be a boy" the women start to whisper and murmur.

"Someone has to go out and inform the King" the maid looks around the room.

"We...uh...no...he" the women around shakes scared the outcome of the news will only bring death to their door.

"Mistress" one of the maid cries startling everyone and bringing their attention to the mother of the baby.

"She is losing too much blood" the maid informs making everyone jump around in action to aid the Queen.

"No...no...no" The Queen whispers as she thrashes in her bed.

"Take the baby away, clean her before the King sees her" the woman orders handing the baby to someone else, the woman hurries to take the baby away before a bright light shoots in the room and the Queen takes her final breath without anyone's knowledge.

********

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten" the little girl counts as she covers her eyes with her little hands, turning around slowly she giggles when everyone goes to hide way.

Pushing her red curls away from her face she giggles once again before she runs around the forest, away from everyone's hiding spot. Touching the flowers around she hums to herself, playing with herself while others were waiting for her to come catch them.

Dancing around she skips around deeper into the forest, eating the berries and running behind the butterflies.

"What did we talk about wandering alone in the woods, my little one?" a woman's voice makes the girl stop her giggling before she turns around and gasps for getting caught.

Connor too stops and turns to see whose voice it was only to cover his eyes as the brightness makes it difficult to see the woman, he frowns as his lands on the white feathers before he shivers as the little girl runs towards the woman and Connor feels a jab of pain when he tries to see the woman's face.

********

Jerking up at once Connor clutches his head in his hands as the nerve at the side of his forehead throbs in pain and he feels his clothes drenched in sweat. Staring at his hands, he cannot help but stop the shaking.

"So, it's you" Reese voice makes his head snap to find the woman standing at his room.

"What?" he frowns confused as why she was in his room.

"Control yourself and walk out" she requests before she disappears and Connor runs his hand over his face.

After few minutes Connor walks out of his room to find Reese standing outside of his room, silently he follows the woman as she starts to walk away towards the forest.

"I have been feeling a strange current in the air for the past few days at first I ignored it thinking maybe someone was just passing by but it was not the case tonight...

So, I followed the stranger only to find the source of the weird feeling from your room. It seems you have been travelling through dreams"

"I don't..."

"Dreams of someone else's reality" she finishes and Connor stays quiet.

"I won't ask why you are doing it but know it's a dangerous thing to go and invade someone else's privacy" she warns.