Chapter 01

This chapter may be confusing to many of you but hope it makes sense once few more chapters are added...enjoy the most simple yet complicated story I am writing ;)

"It's a girl" the words echoes through all the walls of the palace before the steps of the King echoes through the hallway as he walks past the queen's door with a word.

"Adrian" the King growls as he makes his way towards the throne and the said man steps out of the darkness.

"You summoned me Sire" Adrian speaks as he kneels in front of the King in respect.

"It's a bloody damn girl again" the King growls his frustration as he clutches onto the throne arms and turns to stare at Adrian who slowly gets up from his position.

"Your words Sire" he speaks and the King sighs as a frown takes place on his face before he steps away from the throne and sits on the steps pulling off his crown.

"My bloodline has been cursed, I have taken three wives and all of them have given me nothing but girls...

May be the fault lies within me" he sighs but Adrian stands still speaking of nothing.

"I cannot even ask to get rid of her, can I?" he chuckles darkly shaking his eyes before he stares at Adrian seriously.

"If I ask you Adrian, will you kill her as well?" the king asks and Adrian just keeps silent for a while before he replies.

"If that is what you want" his answer makes her King chuckle once again.

"I want your honest answer in this, will you kill that child? Will your soul allow you to do the deed and kill an innocent?" he asks.

"She will not be innocent when she grows up" Adrian adds and his king nods getting up from the steps as he wears his crown on his head and sits on his throne.

"Then I will leave her in your care Adrian, I know she will never be as innocent as a baby but do not let this cruel world turn her into one" the king stops as the door opens and Adrian steps aside.

"You asked for her your highness" the woman speaks as she makes her way towards the king but Adrian stops her and takes the baby in his arms dismissing the woman.

"But the child has yet to see her mother and get feed" the woman protests but one look from their king she nods her head stepping out of the door.

"There must be a way" Adrian whispers not knowing why did he even took the child in his arms.

"We have gone through it all. She is now a princess and one day a Crowned Queen and I along with her mother leave our last hope along with our breath on her...

I am sure by now her mother has taken her last breath and I am glad she did not feed our child, even if the blood running in her body is from my genes, she will never be allowed to drink her mother's milk...

I am giving you my last order as your king, protect this child with your life as if she was your own...never let the darkness within our family ever touch her"

"My King" Adrian nods as he kneels with the child in his arms as the King nods and push the sword directly in his heart.

********

"No" the loud cry of the woman makes Adrian jerks up from his position and he turns around to find the mother of the child he was holding in his arms crying at the scene in front of them.

He steps aside as the woman runs to where the king was seated death and kneels in front of him sobbing loudly.

"Why did you not stop him?" the woman cries and Adrian stands without any emotion showcasing while the child in his arms fidgets at the sounds.